GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fred H. thanks for the video, I don't think I would have had the confidence to beat the crap out of my triple tree to remove the bearing seat without your example. I am replacing the OEM stem bearings with Alls Balls and at this point I have pulled off the forks and removed the bearing seats. Next is points and valves, I think this will work better with the forks completely removed. Have removed the air filter, which is always a bother, and plan to change fluids; oil, brake, clutch, fork and radiator.

So here is an observation, I found several "missing" things that kerklunked down from above (I admit I am not as anal about retrieving these things as Fred is). However, it seems to me that there is a natural hole for these things located right above the 'front cover' behind the black plastic cover on the left side looking front to back. I found a bolt, a screw and two washers. but I didn't find a push pin I lost down through there yet.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Keep lookin Joe, its down there somewhere. Tim

·
Registered
5,173 Posts
Joe, I have a question. You posted a picture the other day of the bike torn down. Are you working on it in the dining room? :shock:

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jjsC6 said:
Joe, I have a question. You posted a picture the other day of the bike torn down. Are you working on it in the dining room? :shock:

Good luck!
Hahaha ... no, although I have all the fixings for a nice comfy garage. :) Naw, what you saw was a table and chairs my wife inherited from her mother, nothing special, doesn't fit our decor. And a TV set that has become superfluous. Her cousin is coming to pick it up this week or next.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts