GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a GREAT weekend in the Dells.
Thanks Loren and Laura.
My wife & I enjoyed meeting a lot of the folks that we only meet on this board.
The topic covered at dinner & breakfast were wonderful.
Great people on this board.
I can't wait for the next meeting!!!
Great job again Loren & Laura.

Mike & Lucy

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
GREAT times, great people and a great route on Sat. Thanks Loren and Laura for organizing. We will be there next year too!!!

Tim and Missy Bland
Glen Ellyn, IL
Black 2001

·
Registered
900 Posts
My wife and I both had a great time meeting everybody, swapping stories, bike tips, and riding a great area with the wonderful fall background.
Loren and Laura did a wonderful job organizing everything and a good time was had by all.
We also had the pleasure of meeting Sheila Winnie, who showed up also. :D
Thanks to all for a great time! Here are a couple of pics at the motel Saturday.

Fred and Ruth

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
thanks to all who made the trip

it was nice to meet and swap some stories with everyone, and no i will not remember 3/4 of the names, but ill give it a shot next time again

the weather man cooperated very nicely, being 78 on saturday, and 73 on sunday, which of course isnt quite normal here in wisconsin

the motel worked out very well as a base, and a very good value at the price

paul bunyans breakfast,was a huge hit

44 bikes and 66 people at the saturday breakfast

4 valkyries

3 hd

and 37 1800 wings of almost every color, except 04 flare red

the trees had some color left, even after the hail storm on tuesday nite

we had a 244 mile trek through the sw wisconsin hills on saturday

and another 270 on sunday which included a side trip to iowa, and the famous rockton bar chicken bbq

laura will post some photos on monday, shes tired now from all the excitement

we hope everyone gets home in good shape, and maybe we can see you next time, in may 07, back in the dells

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Hello ...............WHAT THEY ALL SAID but more of it!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D ...chuck & natalie :D :D :D

·
Registered
478 Posts
Dells weekend

Tks Loren & Laura had a great time good to beable to put and few names and faces together.Can't wait for the next one

John :twisted:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,628 Posts
Great time and nice people

Thanks for the great get together. Breakfast was excellent. Loved the Ferry crossing. Met some really great people. Thanks again. Hope to do this again. Hope everyone got home safe. I would have loved to saty if I didn't have to go to the Packer game. Hope Sunday was as much fun a Saturday.

PS I had the only white bike there...LOL

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Re: Great time and nice people

vettesherps said:
Thanks for the great get together. Breakfast was excellent. Loved the Ferry crossing. Met some really great people. Thanks again. Hope to do this again. Hope everyone got home safe. I would have loved to saty if I didn't have to go to the Packer game. Hope Sunday was as much fun a Saturday.

PS I had the only white bike there...LOL
the sunday run was far better than watching the packers fumble things away again

loked like a re-run

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had a great time meeting people like Polecat and E-Z Rider. Lot of great people and good riding. Pikes Peak on Sunday was a great ride with lots of wonderful roads. Thank you to Loren and Laura for the time and efforts they put in. Thank you to everyone that showed up. It is great to put a face with some of the members we meet here on the board. :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
GL Gene said:
I had a great time meeting people like Polecat and E-Z Rider. Lot of great people and good riding. Pikes Peak on Sunday was a great ride with lots of wonderful roads. Thank you to Loren and Laura for the time and efforts they put in. Thank you to everyone that showed up. It is great to put a face with some of the members we meet here on the board. :D
glad you could make it, gene

see you on friday in arkansas

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Loren and Laura as well from Dragonfly and Summersong. (That's Mike and Carolyn from Bloomington, MN.) Had a great time at Friday's dinner, Saturday's breakfast riding the roads around the area and just hanging around the hotel. I hope you do indeed plan on another get together.

Mike and Carolyn
Dragonfly and Summersong

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Thanks Laura and Loren, had a blast this weekend. Really wish I could have made the ride Sunday but really didn't trust that front tire. looking forward to next year :D

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
motorcyclemom40 said:
Thanks Laura and Loren, had a blast this weekend. Really wish I could have made the ride Sunday but really didn't trust that front tire. looking forward to next year :D
hey shiela,

the rumor of another ferry crossing was completely false

im glad you, and everyone else took time out and came to -our place-- to enjoy some riding and visiting

see you friday nite

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Loren (or is that Mr. Crabby Cracker), you and Laura are the best. Thanks for all your efforts and for taking us on the awesome rides! We really enjoyed the countryside as well as meeting all the folks that came along.

Can't wait for the next get together, hopefully in the spring. Be sure to let Princess know when you get that Orange GW (LOL). Keep in touch...

Bear and Princess

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
Please no more ferrys, once is enough. Now I can say been there, done that, don't need a t-shirt.

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
motorcyclemom40 said:
Please no more ferrys, once is enough. Now I can say been there, done that, don't need a t-shirt.
C'mon Shiela... it really wasn't that bad, was it?

·
Road Warrior
1,322 Posts
You did notice that I never got off my bike while on the ferry? I don't have much of a problem with me being on a ferry, have a problem with my 950 lb bike being on a ferry. Not my favorite thing to do.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Thanks for everything Loren and Laura. Wife and I had a wonderful time in and around the Dells area on your ride. Did not know how beautiful the Dells area is without all the cagers this time of the year. Hope this will be a annual. Enjoyed meeting new Goldwingers and things of interest. Like Pit900's special back rest for his wife, great idea Pit900 and Hedo's talking bottle opener. But most of all the globetrotting people who will travel God knows how many miles just be with fellow board members. And we can not forget the people who run this amazing board, so people can shoot the breeze and exchange ideas and comments. Hope to see you down the road Loren and Laura, thanks again.

EZ Reiter

·
Registered
234 Posts
Us folks from Mn had a great time. Thanks Loren & Laura for putting this together. Had just the perfect riding weather.

And Polecat...you should learn how to park! :shock: I think you know what I mean! :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts