GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past Monday was the first time, I have been able to ride since July, 14th, do to a leg injury, and it sure did feel good riding again, didn't know how much I missed riding.

Many thanks to Alabamawing for driving down here from Huntsville just to mow my grass when I couldn't walk, and to AgelessMike for going to the hospital with me, and doing anything I couldn't do for myself. Good friends are a real treasure .

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
This past Monday was the first time, I have been able to ride since July, 14th, do to a leg injury, and it sure did feel good riding again, didn't know how much I missed riding.

Many thanks to Alabamawing for driving down here from Huntsville just to mow my grass when I couldn't walk, and to AgelessMike for going to the hospital with me, and doing anything I couldn't do for myself. Good friends are a real treasure .
:agree::thumbup::thumbup: Glad you're back on the road...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
A good friend will help you move, a really good friend will help you move a body. Glad to hear you are back aboard again.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Tommy, I did not know about your injury.
You know I would have mowed it if Bruce hadn't and still will if it needs it again.:thumbup:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Tommy, when Bruce cut your grass, was he able to reach the pedals on the riding mower? Or if he used a push mower, did you have to lower the handles so he could reach them? LOL Really, Bruce is a stand up guy. We all need to get together for a "Alabama Gang' ride. Pat

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Hey Tommy, sorry to hear you injured your leg. I am glad you are on the mends though!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Tommy, I did not know about your injury.
You know I would have mowed it if Bruce hadn't and still will if it needs it again.:thumbup:
Thanks for the offer Dave, I am about at 95% back to where I was before the leg injury...thanks

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Thanks for the offer Dave, I am about at 95% back to where I was before the leg injury...thanks
  • Ok, Tommy, whose butt were you kicking? You need to let folks know when you have a problem...maybe we could have gotten together and painted the house....and maybe not...lol!!
  • Glad you're on the mend!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
  • Ok, Tommy, whose butt were you kicking? You need to let folks know when you have a problem...maybe we could have gotten together and painted the house....and maybe not...lol!!
  • Glad you're on the mend!
Terry, there was a butt kicking going on...but I am sad to say I was the loser, that 900 lb motorcycle was the winner...

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Terry, there was a butt kicking going on...but I am sad to say I was the loser, that 900 lb motorcycle was the winner...
Oh, no Tommy I haven't heard! But I do know the feeling. When she decides it's time to teach ya something, there's not much talkin' her out of it!;):lol:

What happened?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I looked back at your "threads started by" history and see where you were looking for a lower baker and Mic-O-Peg...now I know why.:roll: I still need a left lower baker....:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, no Tommy I haven't heard! But I do know the feeling. When she decides it's time to teach ya something, there's not much talkin' her out of it!;):lol:

What happened?
I lost my footing backing out of the trailer & the bike thru me over the side of trailer then pined my right leg under the bike...my body was laying on the ground, but my leg and the bike were still in the trailer.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I looked back at your "threads started by" history and see where you were looking for a lower baker and Mic-O-Peg...now I know why.:roll: I still need a left lower baker....:thumbup:
I have a left baker wing, if you can use a blue one?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I have a left baker wing, if you can use a blue one?
:lol::lol:Thanks, but I'm afraid it would clash with my dark smoke wings!

That sounds like a serious situation...were you alone or did you have help close by?

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:lol::lol:Thanks, but I'm afraid it would clash with my dark smoke wings!

That sounds like a serious situation...were you alone or did you have help close by?
I said blue, but I think it is the dark smoke ones, I know it hasn't been painted.....oh yes I was all alone doing my stupid thing:roll:....BUT I did learn how NOT to load or unload a bike it this trailer:thumbup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts