GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know he was having issues with the board while in Daytona, and he mentioned that things were going to be switched around when he got back. Board speed for me is back to normal. I can only imagine the headache he has for all the boards under his control.

·
Registered
264 Posts
The board seems even faster than before. I have a 26.4 kbps connection with dial up from home and it seems much better from here. I can't wait to get on at work, we're usually in the 350-400 kbps range there. It should fly!

Thanks for all your hard work Lamont!

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
I am glad for the change. At the very end of the old server, it was almost impossible to sign in.

Not sure of the relationships that keep this board online. But I sure do appreciate it.

Besides Lewis, How in the world would I keep track of you otherwise....LOL

Bulldog

·
GL1800Riders Founder
1,813 Posts
I felt really helpless in Daytona :roll: but it looks like we have made the right move this time. :lol: I have a guy from the VTX board "Tapper" that setup the new servers and got us rolling again. My knowledge of setting up servers is very limited but sometimes it's not what you know but who you know. We have a really great setup now and a great guy making sure it all runs well. :D This is a team effort and you guys are the most important part of the team. You give this board content and without you there would be very little reason to come here. Thanks for making this a great place to hangout and make new friends. :D

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I do want to thank Lamont and all. I know it is alot of work to do all of this. It is more of a headache that it seems to be worth sometimes, but in the end when results are good then you know it was all worth it.

Hey Lamont, did you get all the server knowledge first hand or did you have to read up on it. Also where you all go for puter parts, as I am in need of some server type (heavy duty) parts here. I do not like to order online as I do not know the quality of the parts I am getting. Thanks again

·
Registered
441 Posts
Lamont. The board IS even faster than before. It's great to be able to click through all of the pages without the wait between. Thanks!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts