GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to extend my thanks to a great group of North Georgia members of this board for their hospitality and putting together a truly scenic and enjoyable ride.

My Gold Wing vacation got underway from my home in Tampa and 5 hundred miles and some 8 hours later I rolled into Traxxion Dynamics, Friday the 17th, where I met with Trailsman. Later that evening Toyo joined us and the 3 of us went out for dinner.

The following morning Trailsman and I met with 3 more Gold Wing riders, dedicated to the recreation of riding inspite of the 34 degree temperature when the ride began.

We took off from Traxxion at 8:00 am to engage some of the better twisties and certainly some of the most breathtaking scenery anywhere in the country, concluding at Rib Country for lunch just miles short of the North Carolina state line.

I continued my ride north from there following lunch but I look back with fond memories of a very enjoyable ride and for that I thank my group of hosts, Trailsman, RickM and Janice, SteveS and TommyGun.

My long day ended at the Park Vista Hotel in Gatlinburg after traversing the Cherohala Skyway and Deals Gap that same afternoon. More later about my Wing vacation... For now safe riden to all and Happy Thanksgiving.

I will post more about my trip once I return to Tampa somewhere around the 28th of the month.

JW

1 - 1 of 1 Posts