GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This tire is awesome feeling. Just got it installed and took it for a little run with lots of rutted roads. Didn't follow the ruts like all the CT's I have run. I will bet that no one could tell the difference initiating turns between the stock MC tire and this CT; it is very neutral in a turn and you will need to pick the bike up out of the turn. It just doesn't want to stand the bike up as most CT's tend to do. But, it has all the benefits of the CT; smooth ride, grip and a Run flat rated at 1100 lbs max weight. We will have to see what kind of mileage it will get but anything around 15 to 20K and I will have ended all my experimenting after 60K mile or so on CT's. This seems like the gold standard for the goldwing.

Thanks to tomfranken for the heads up on this tire. A really, really good find.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Size conformation?

I just tried to look this tire up on the web and cannot find it??? Can you confirm this size??? Or list a link for it. Thanks

·
Registered
70 Posts
Kent,

Trialsman has some for sale. He has them at a great price also. THey are hard to find but are out there, you need to find a dealer that is willing to hunt a little. The size is 175/60/16.

Contact Trailsman it will be the best and quickest way for you.

Good Luck,
John

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kent Kauffman Size conformation?
I just tried to look this tire up on the web and cannot find it??? Can you confirm this size??? Or list a link for it. Thank
That's the size. If a tire store says they can't find it have them look it up on Dunlop's main web site. www.dunloptires.com Tell them to look under the Winter Sport 3D and you will see the 175/60-16; if the tire store is a Dunlop dealer they should be able to get them. The tire store I dealt with said they were in a warehouse in York, PA. I have a feeling that Dunlop has a large distribution warehouse there. Took about a week for them to be shipped to Texas. The tire store charged $200 for tire and shipping to me. This is about what trailsman is selling the two extras he has for; its a good buy either way.

As discussed in another thread this tire is about .25" smaller in circumference than a 195/55-16 so it will increase the speedometer error by .5 mph at 70mph. That is so small a difference it is not noticible. It is hard for me to be that accurate holding a speed and comparing it to my GPS. But, as discussed before it will not help correct the speedo error. It is virtually the same size around as all the 195's just narrower but has plenty of tread on the ground. It also fits the wheel better than the 195's and does away with the slight negatives of the other CT's I have tried. Time will tell on the milage but I expect it to be close to the other Dunlop Winter Sport tires. I got about 15K out of the Dunny winter sport 195/55.

In my opinion, running a CT is not about saving money. It about finding the best tire for my wing. Yep, it costs more than the other CT's that I have run on this wing (Dunny Winter Sprot 3D and ContiPro Contact, both run flats) but this tire has the manners of a bike tire when it comes to rutty roads and uneven pavement and the cushy ride and run flat ability of the previous CT's. The best of both worlds.

·
Registered
796 Posts
keep reporting in. If there is a better tire I look forward to hearing about it. I'm on the Kumho and will be riding it for a couple years, but will watch for a better tire in the future if one exists. thanks for the report.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts