GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saved by Tulsa Belly Pan:

Early last Friday morning (5:30) as I was on my way to work I heard a loud 'thunk'. Assuming that the tire picked up a rock, I continued, dismissing the incident.

Yesterday as I was showing my new (to me) '02 off to my son, he asked what that was hanging down. Upon closer inspection, I discovered that a metal brace off of an aluminum ladder had kicked up and stabbed my Tulsa Belly Pan and was still lodged in the pan. The damage was limited to a bent pan with a new vent hole in it.

No doubt, without the pan I would have had a great deal more damage. Personally, I'm not sure as to how much the Tulsa Belly Pans help in cutting down wind flow. But I do know it has already proved it's worth in protecting the underside of the bike.

My thought here is that we're always quick to complain about prices, quality, etc. but seldom take time to thank those that spend their effort and resources to create good products at a fair price.

Thanks from me to Tulsa Enterprises.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Jim, GREAT answer !!!!! You get what you pay for & with Tulsa it always is top quality.

·
Young Buck
2,551 Posts
Did you happen to take any pictures of that?

·
Registered
759 Posts
Jim..I hope you didnt hurt that painter too bad when you ran over him....ahahahahaha....tulsa is the greastest!!! glad you werent hurt or the bike!!!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Jim King said:

Early last Friday morning (5:30) as I was on my way to work I heard a loud 'thunk'
Upon closer inspection, I discovered that a metal brace off of an aluminum ladder had kicked up and stabbed my Tulsa Belly Pan and was still lodged in the pan.

No doubt, without the pan I would have had a great deal more damage. But I do know it has already proved it's worth in protecting the underside of the bike.

My thought here is that we're always quick to complain about prices, quality, etc. but seldom take time to thank those that spend their effort and resources to create good products at a fair price.

Thanks from me to Tulsa Enterprises.[/q

I want to endorse all of the comments made by Jim King. :yes: Tulsa run a great business and sell excellent products, :s27: Allen is a gentleman :clap2: and the lady who answers when you call is very helpful. :yes2: Long may they last. :luck:

:yes2: :rw1: :yes2:

·
Chard Member
12,970 Posts
Allen is a gentleman and the lady who answers when you call is very helpful.
The Lady on the other end of the phone was probably Allen's Boss! It's called a Wife! LOL...

·
Registered
287 Posts
Red said:
Allen is a gentleman and the lady who answers when you call is very helpful.
The Lady on the other end of the phone was probably Allen's Boss! It's called a Wife! LOL...
I have one of those as well and I would'nt take all the 1800's in the world for her. :s27: :yes:

:luck: :rw1: :luck:

·
Registered
218 Posts
Such a simple product that according to most, me include, has become the #1 "must have" accessories for the GL1800.

I think it truly fits into the "don't leave home without it" saying.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Tulsa

Thanks, we're glad that the Belly Pan performed as intended, to help protect from "road debris" coming off the front wheel.
We really appreicate the "good" words, that is the best asset we have!!
Allen/Tulsa
Phyllis will be glad to hear I've been doing my job! :lol:

·
Registered
7,207 Posts
Yes... the Tulsa belly pan is worth every penny. I had a embarrassing freak mishap last summer..... I was in a parking lot and didn't see a misplaced concrete parking bumper that wasn't suppose to be where it was. I didn't see it because it was right next to my front wheel and the fairing blocked my view.....anyways I let out the clutch and the front wheel went right over the corner of the 6 inch high concrete parking bumper and down on the front of the lower cowl and the front of the belly pan. I had to put the bike in reverse to get the bike off the corner of the concrete parking bumper. I sure felt like a idiot

I drove home and looked at the damage....front exhaust cover dented and scratched...lower cowl scratched big time...Tulsa belly pan dented some and pushed into the oil filter. The oil filter was crushed some..but it didn't rupture, no damage to the engine case. Had I not had a belly pan, the oil filter would have been ruptured and maybe the engine case would have been damaged. I would have been stranded in that parking lot next to a puddle of engine oil. I replaced the damage parts for around 220 dollars and straighten the Tulsa belly pan and reinstalled it. Tulsa belly pan is as good as new and still doing it's job.

I think a belly pan should be the first thing a new Wing owner should buy for a new Wing. One little freak mishap and I have read about quite a few on these forums, will easily pay for the Tulsa belly pan and save a lot of grieve.

G

·
0 Posts
Jim King said:

Upon closer inspection, I discovered that a metal brace off of an aluminum ladder had kicked up and stabbed my Tulsa Belly Pan and was still lodged in the pan. .

sooo...THATS where it went :roll:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts