GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It sure was good to be back with bikers tonight. Instead of being asked IF I was going to ride again, the question was WHEN I was going to ride again. That change of one word reflects an understanding that I just don't get from my non biker friends. Seeing all the wings sitting together in one place solidified my resolve to get another wing. When that will happen is up in the air, but it will happen.

Special thanks to Trialsman, ABB and Toyo for the work they did getting this together without my superior organizational abilities. :wink: Thanks also to Daddysbike for taking over my ride. Also thanks to Max and his gang at Traxxion for the great BBQ and the live music. And finally thanks to KC Butch and others who donated to the raffle and to all y'all who participated in that. It's good to have an extended family.

Ride home safely and be ready to come back again next year. Hopefully, I'll be back to riding by then.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Yes, please post pics!! Glad you had a good time, Dan. I know what you mean about the non-riders. My family EXPECTS me to be back on mine or a new one soon. Guess they got a taste of the potential insurance pay-out for my demise!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Here are a few pics of just people (including the guest of honor Dan) from tonight's festivities. I will post pics of our ride tomorow. Been up since 5:00 to be able to meet Trailsman for our early ride so I am ready to crash.

Sure was fun to put a face on a lot of people.

Some people are getting up to head out at 6:00 tomorow morning for - Texas, PA, Canada, FL... amazing.

http://www.rickandjanis.com/092906.htm

Rick

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
What a party.
Max is a top notch guy and the board members are out of this world.
I never had such a fun weekend.
I'm too tired to do photos now but I have lots of them....

It was good to hang a little with Dan and Melissa outside of a hospital room again.

·
Registered
5,015 Posts
Dan it was great seeing you. However you did sneak out before I could say anything to you. At one of these evenst I am gonna just get a chair and sit my ass down!

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toyo said:
Dan it was great seeing you. However you did sneak out before I could say anything to you. At one of these evenst I am gonna just get a chair and sit my ass down!
I was looking for you but knew you would be busy doing something for someone. We'll get together yet.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
ddking said:
Toyo said:
I was looking for you but knew you would be busy doing something for someone. We'll get together yet.
I didn't really get to talk to Dan either; there was so much going on.
I did get to say "HI" to his lovely wife, Melissa:

And Toyo's wife Krista made sure that Dan got caught up...

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
That's two pictures now that I've seen with Tn Charlie in them and no one has identified him, so, the guy on the right is Tn Charlie, one of the good guys.

If you ever meet him, ask him to tell you his story about the guy who once said to him that, "there are polishers and there are riders".

·
Registered
93 Posts
DDKING--

It was a pleasure to meet you and wish you a speedy recovery as I could tell in your voice you are when the time comes ready to ride again and when that time comes please give us a call down here in Florida and we will ride with you anytime.

Steve and Lynn Scott

1 - 14 of 14 Posts