GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I moved down here I had asked folks about a reliable Central Florida (I live in Sanford) shop. I got some good info. I got feedback on a local shop (which is 5 minutes from the house) and it was probably RIGHT ON.

I took the bolt off my wife's back seat on the 1300, lost it. Needed a new one. Took 2.5 weeks, two tries to get the part. Today (third trip, 2.5 weeks later) I watch this exchange: Customer says "Say, which of these products is the best?" Guy #1 answers quickly "oh, that one...for sure dude". Customer walks away. In front of me...the second clerk says "dude...that stuff is crap, why did you tell him to get THAT?" "Dude, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree plus who cares...he bought it".

Will I EVER take my bike here. No way. I can just imagine the level of care they'd give my repair....

G

·
0 Posts
I was unaware that Central Floridans referred to each other as "dude."

I'm heading down to Tampa next weekend to visit my grandparents. While I know this is not Central Florida, I will have to play closer attention to linguistics.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I keep seeing posts like this.

Does anyone really think a small business owner seeks to hire people like this to represent their investment and their life's work?

I beleive that this is more a representation of the decline of values being instilled in the youth of America more than it is a reflection of this particular shop.

I can tell you from experience that more and more of today's youth doesn't get it. Yes, there are some great kids out there, but more and more don't have much integrity and think they are the center of their own universe.

·
Gold Member
1,425 Posts
JP3 said:
I keep seeing posts like this.

Does anyone really think a small business owner seeks to hire people like this to represent their investment and their life's work?

I beleive that this is more a representation of the decline of values being instilled in the youth of America more than it is a reflection of this particular shop.

I can tell you from experience that more and more of today's youth doesn't get it. Yes, there are some great kids out there, but more and more don't have much integrity and think they are the center of their own universe.
I blame Bill Clinton. Oh sh!t, did i just write that out loud??

Bradford

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Maybe both the customer and the salesman were both in their 20's dude !!!!..........But that is a bad way to talk to any customer.......

·
Registered
19,262 Posts
Why didn't you take the other bolt off your wifes seat and go to any hardware store for an .89 cents match?

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
laen said:
Why didn't you take the other bolt off your wifes seat and go to any hardware store for an .89 cents match?
..finally a simple question:

because she said she'd take care of it! :cry:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts