GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
... see avatar ... has anyone else been there?

Dom

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Nice avatar, Dom!
Hope to never be there..........

Lenny.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
That's about 236 miles... Hope you had a full tank when you snapped the picture.

·
Registered
104 Posts
tjshelton said:
That's about 236 miles... Hope you had a full tank when you snapped the picture.
And I hope he wasn't on his bike either......icky snow :)

·
Banned
4,623 Posts
Now you see why I run a snow tire on my bike :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
Best I can claim is about 120 miles to the next gas stop (either direction). In a remote stretch of Canada. NOT on snow.

Carl

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Best (worst?) for us was north of Yellowstone, nearly 160 miles and wife's tank is only good for about 175. She was freaking out.

David M.

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
This is a great answer to anyone who wonders why some of us carry fuel on our bikes. I know an extra half gallon or so won't make that big of a difference ... unless you happen to be a half gallon short.

I am not real fond of wrestling my bike onto the centerstand under certain conditions. I am real sure I don't want to have to push it under any conditions.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Has anyone been there?

Pic was taken on James Bay Road, north of Matagambe, QC., looking northbound.

James Bay Road is the only way to get to Radisson (an outpost town for Hydro Quebec) in northern QC province. Going north, its the end of the line! Matagambe is at the southern end (or the start) of James Bay Road. In order to ride on JBR, you have to sign in at the southern end. They want to know who is using it and when.

James Bay Road is about 640 kl long, and there is only one gas stop along the way.

Last time I was there, regular was .99/liter. BTW, they sell #1, #2, and unleaded regular ONLY. It's a nice ride up there .. would like to do it again this coming summer.

Dom In Philly

1 - 9 of 9 Posts