GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A woman named Jill stood up at her church's Testimony Meeting, or as some churches call it, "Cry Sunday," one Sunday morning, took the microphone and bared her soul to the enrapt congregation:

"I want to tell you about the awful accident that my husband, Jim, has suffered this past month. He was riding his Goldwing, lost control, ran off the highway and hit a tree. He was rushed to the hospital, and could have died, but thank the Lord, all he suffered was a broken scrotum."

The congregation gasped in horror. The men in the congregation were obviously uneasy and writhed in their seats. "Jim has been in terrible pain all month since the accident. He has trouble breathing. He has trouble swallowing his food. He can hardly lift anything, he's in so much pain, and he has missed work because of it. He can't lift our children up to hold them and give them the personal love that they need. Worst of all, we can no longer cuddle and have intimate relations. He is in constant pain, a pain so terrible that our love life has all but slipped away into oblivion. I would like to ask you all in the congregation to pray for Jim, and pray for us, that his broken scrotum will soon heal and be as good as new.

A dull murmur erupted within the congregation as the full impact of this terrible
accident sank in, and the men in the congregation were visibly shaken up with the thought that, "There but for the grace of God go I."

Then, as the murmuring settled down, a lone figure stood up in midst of the congregation, worked his way up to the pulpit, obviously in pain, adjusted the microphone to his liking, then leaned over and said to the congregation: "My name is Jim, and I have only one word for my wife, Jill. That word is: sternum."

·
Registered
373 Posts
:D :D Thanks for the chuckle, Dive. That's a good one. :D :D

·
Registered
81 Posts
wreck

Never saw it coming,,,,,,,,good one.........

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Now that's funny right there! :yes:

·
Registered
4,194 Posts
Hook.... Line....... (wait for it).... and Sinker!! :lol: :shock:

You know I am copying that one and sending it out!!!

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
:shock: :lol:

And whoever said that folks with a narrow family tree can't be funny as Hell!! :roll: :lol: :wink:
That was good, my Boss is from Owensboro, also home to the Waltrip Boys of Nascar fame and he'll love this tomorrow. 8)

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I saw it coming. Only because when I was a freshman in college, I was on a date and she accidentally hit me in the chest. Yeah, that' right. I groaned and told everyone in the car that she hit me in the scrotum. There was silence for about two seconds before all five of them erupted in laughter. It was then I learned the difference. :lol:

·
Registered
499 Posts
Now that is a good joke. I have times when I thought they had traded places!! :cry:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Dang ... my name is Jim! :shock: :lol: And that was FUNNY!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Well Donnie,
That one's gonna be funny....
Right after I get over these sympathy pains...
:lol: :lol: :lol:
DC

·
Registered
977 Posts
I don't understand?!! It must be in the spelling.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
beastie said:
Hey beastie,
I don't know what we're laughin' at.
I'm a couple of miles out of Hamilton,
in Liberty Township,
and unless you're found a space warp,
and are enjoying the tropic breezes of another dimension,
:snow1: we should be cold and miserable,:snow1:
as I think winter finally found us at last.:lol: :lol: