GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 312 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Second Annual W.Va. Fall Darksiders Ride-In!!!

The Second Annual W.Va. Fall Darksiders Ride-In!!!

This years Annual W.Va. Fall Darksiders Ride-In will be held on the weekend of “October the 7th & 8th” at “The Marlinton Motor Inn” just 3.2 miles north of the stoplight in Marlinton at the intersection of US-219 & SR-39, on the left and if you will be coming south it will be 18.1 miles from the Snowshoe Ski resort SR-66 on the right...

There is a Marathon gas station about 100 yards north of the motel on the same side of the road...

Either way you elect to travel please plan your trip so that you will arrive long before dark, these are very twisty roads and it will be easy to have an accident at dusk or dark...

The URL for the Marlinton Motor Inn

http://www.marlintonmotorinn.com/

Rt. 219N ~ Marlinton, WV 24954
Phone: (304)799-4711
Toll Free: 800-354-0821
Fax: (304)799-7402

GPS --- 38.266308,-80.092574

At the time of registration:
Singles, ------------------------------ $53.95
Doubles, ----------------------------- $63.95
Dinner Friday night will be, -------- $16.50 - Gratuities are included.
Dinner Saturday night will be, ----- $22.50 - Gratuities are included.
Breakfast --------------------------- $07.99
Smoking or non?

Please tell them that you are a member of the Darksiders...

This is a very busy fall foliage weekend for us and I must have all guaranteed in advance. We require a 2 weeks prior to check-in date which would make your cut off for rooms & food be guaranteed by Sept. 23, 2011.

For more information please click on the URL below..

http://gl1800riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290965

Anyone planning on attending, please, PM Murgie with your information...

If you will put this GPS in Google maps and search then click on street view you can see what you’ll be looking for when you arrive...

Where you see the two red, one blue and one gray vehicles parked is where the office is...

There is camping less than a mile south of the motel...

When you call to make your reservation please tell them how many are in your party and make sure you tell them at that time you want to have the dinners and or breakfast also...

There are two dinners planed, one on Friday evening and one on Saturday evening...

They will have breakfast for those that want to eat before riding...

There will be plans for riding:

Anyone planning on attending one of these rides below, please, PM Murgie with your information as to the one you want to be on...

Thursday, 6th leaving at 8 AM. --- "This Ride Only PM Me"
A “Fast spirited ride” with “NO TRIPLE DIGIT RIDING” of about 400 miles of riding... I would love to make it a longer ride but the lack of good daylight will prohibit this... Way too many critters running around this time of year for playing in dusk or dark, here...

Friday, 7th leaving at 8 AM. --- "PM Murgie"
A “spirited ride” at a bit slower pace of about 350 miles of riding...

Saturday 8th leaving at 8 AM --- "PM Murgie"
A sightseeing ride, at or around the speed limit...

If there is enough interest and participation, there will be multiple rides each day to hopefully accommodate everyone’s needs...

And the most important part of a Goldwingers life, there is a “Dairy Queen” 2.5 miles south of the motel on the left going south...

Places of interest near by:

“Dairy Queen”

The Greenbrier Hotel

“Dairy Queen”

Cass Scenic Railroad

“Dairy Queen”

New River Gorge Bridge

“Dairy Queen”

Babcock State park

“Dairy Queen”

Spruce Knob

“Dairy Queen”

Seneca Rocks

“Dairy Queen”

And all the twisties you can handle for a weekend...

Did I say anything about there being a “Dairy Queen” being just 2.5 miles down the road???

·
Registered
19,161 Posts
Thanks Red Bird!:thumbup: I'll mark it on the calendar.

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
Sounds great, count me in....

By the way, do you have any idea if there is a Dairy Queen nearby......?

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Count me in wing nut and mrs wing nut will be there. Hey will there be a dairy queen around so I can check my tires?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Compared to the Greenbriar that is a good deal
Total price: USD $5,548.00 for three nights

Total price: USD 5,548.00

·
Banned
558 Posts
WV Twisties

The Annual W.Va. Fall Darksiders Ride-In!!!

This years Annual W.Va. Fall Darksiders Ride-In will be held on the weekend of “October the 7th & 8th” at “The Marlinton Motor Inn” just 3.2 miles north of the stoplight in Marlinton at the intersection of US-219 & SR-39, on the left and if you will be coming south it will be 18.1 miles from the Snowshoe Ski resort SR-66 on the right...

There is a Marathon gas station about 100 yards north of the motel on the same side of the road...

Either way you elect to travel please plan your trip so that you will arrive long before dark, these are very twisty roads and it will be easy to have an accident at dusk or dark...

The URL for the Marlinton Motor Inn
http://www.marlintonmotorinn.com/
Rt. 219N ~ Marlinton, WV 24954
Phone: (304)799-4711
Toll Free: 800-354-0821
Fax: (304)799-7402
GPS --- 38.266308,-80.092574

At the time of registration:
Singles, ------------------------------ $53.95
Doubles, ----------------------------- $63.95
Dinner Friday night will be, ------ $16.50
Dinner Saturday night will be, --- $22.50
Breakfast ---------------------------- $07.99
Smoking or non?

Please tell them that you are a member of the Darksiders...

Anyone planning on attending, please, PM Murgie with your information...

If you will put this GPS in Google maps and search then click on street view you can see what you’ll be looking for when you arrive...

Where you see the two red, one blue and one gray vehicles parked is where the office is...

There is camping less than a mile south of the motel...

When you call to make your reservation please tell them how many are in your party and make sure you tell them at that time you want to have the dinners also...

There are two dinners planed, one on Friday evening and one on Saturday evening...

They will have breakfast for those that want to eat before riding...

There will be plans for riding:

Anyone planning on attending one of these rides below, please, PM Murgie with your information as to the one you want to be on...

Thursday, 6th leaving at 8 AM.
A “Fast spirited ride” with “NO TRIPLE DIGIT RIDING” of about 400 miles of riding... I would love to make it a longer ride but the lack of good daylight will prohibit this... Way too many critters running around this time of year for playing in dusk or dark, here...

Friday, 7th leaving at 8 AM.
A “spirited ride” at a bit slower pace of about 350 miles of riding...

Saturday 8th leaving at 8 AM
A sightseeing ride, at or around the speed limit...

If there is enough interest and participation, there will be multiple rides each day to hopefully accommodate everyone’s needs...

And the most important part of a Goldwingers life, there is a “Dairy Queen” 2.5 miles south of the motel on the left going south...

Places of interest near by:

“Dairy Queen”

The Greenbrier Hotel

“Dairy Queen”

Cass Scenic Railroad

“Dairy Queen”

New River Gorge Bridge

“Dairy Queen”

Babcock State park

“Dairy Queen”

Spruce Knob

“Dairy Queen”

Seneca Rocks

“Dairy Queen”

And all the twisties you can handle for a weekend...

Did I say anything about there being a “Dairy Queen” being just 2.5 miles down the road???
Don't forget Richwood, The Cherry River, Cranberry Glades, Greenbank Observatory, Parcoal Falls in Webster Springs (almost died there kayaking,) the Williams River (neat ride along it,) twisties from the Williams to the Cranberry, and Holly River State Park (my honeymoon cabin is there.) If I should be fortunate enough to be in WV on the 8-10th of Oct., I'd enjoy joining your ride. Oh, forgot Blackwater Falls (my second honeymoon place.) If I'm in Florida, I'll undoubtedly be in Key West on the 10th (my third honeymoon place...)

Sounds like a great ride at a grand time of the year...enjoy!

·
Registered
3,167 Posts

Make it a sticky

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Compared to the Greenbriar that is a good deal
Total price: USD $5,548.00 for three nights

Total price: USD 5,548.00
I had the displeasure of attending a conference this year at the Greenbriar and was thoroughly underwhelmed. The stay started off at being turned away at the gate since I was riding a :22yikes: motorcycle. Had to go and park it in the service garage with the buses. Asked why up 3 levels of management and was told that motorcycles scare the horses. Told them I wasn't riding a harley, but to no avail. I didn't even see a horse the whole time I was there.

The West Virginia Wing looks like I decorated it in my youth after a weekend of binge drinking. The bunker tour consisted of an auditorium, trade show area, a couple of big doors and the basement of the hotel.

Aside from management the rest of the staff were top notch. Still, felt cheated even at the conference rate of $159 per night.

·
Registered
11,183 Posts
I had the displeasure of attending a conference this year at the Greenbriar and was thoroughly underwhelmed. The stay started off at being turned away at the gate since I was riding a :22yikes: motorcycle. Had to go and park it in the service garage with the buses. Asked why up 3 levels of management and was told that motorcycles scare the horsesass that runs the place. Told them I wasn't riding a harley, but to no avail. I didn't even see a horse the whole time I was there.

The West Virginia Wing looks like I decorated it in my youth after a weekend of binge drinking. The bunker tour consisted of an auditorium, trade show area, a couple of big doors and the basement of the hotel.

Aside from management the rest of the staff were top notch. Still, felt cheated even at the conference rate of $159 per night.

Fixed.;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Maybe they will be done with my wing in time to go, still looking for a low milage box instead of replacing both cases. looking for a 07 with 20k miles or lower

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Wow,

Rockies Gold followed by the DS get together, IS it Christmas?
:bow:
I'll plan to be there but have to wait till mid september
to see where I'll be working at before I can really commit.

Mmmmmmmm Dairy Queen and COOKIES, Fudge etc. Mmmmm

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Ride-in

Darlene and I will be there. If the weather is nice, she will ride down on her "deer slayer" Honda 750 Shadow, then ride the twisties with me on the wing. If she can get 1/2 day off on Thursday, we'll get there by dinner time that evening. See you all there.
Wish I could make Rockies Gold with Obwan, but just recouperating from my 8K trip out west that Darlene and I make in July. Gary
I'll make my reservations as soon as Darlene confirms her time off for Thurs.
Great rate on the rooms......way to go WV Cardinal!

1 - 20 of 312 Posts