GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to be in nw massachusetts middle of next month probably south of pittsfield.can any of you guys give me some day rides out there.
thanks

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Try the Mohawk Trail (Rt.2) heading west from I-91 to North Adams, then south to the outskirts of Pittsfield and then back east on Rt.8a and 9.

Rode the Mohawk Trail two weeks ago... Nice road with a few twisties and more sweepers... and great views.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
The wife and I stayed at a timeshare just north of Pittsfield last year for the fall colors.

We enjoyed going North up hwy 7 into Vermont. 1 day we cut down Hwy 9 East to 100 then back South to 8 to North Adams back to our timeshare.

Next day we went North again, back thru North Adams to Mohawk Trail. Had lunch, then came back toward North Adams and headed South on hwy 8 to Pittsfield.

The 3rd day we set the GPS on shortest route in distance to Albany, NY and went down some wild back roads and totally enjoyed ourselfs. Matter of fact, the whole 3 days of riding was superb with the little stops at apple orchard stores and looking at the wrap around old homes and covered bridges....

We stayed right across from Jiminy Peak in Hancock off Brodie Mountain Rd.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts