GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 199 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Best of the Great Northwest Meet and Greet

I posted this in the Rides section as well, and details can be found there. June 26-29, Idaho Falls. Mark your calendars, hope to see you here. :grin2:

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Calendar so marked!

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Ok, here's the official announcement. On June 26th through June 29th, 2020 in Idaho Falls, Idaho, we're going to invite you to The Best of the Great Northwest Meet and Greet. I have a lot of information in the "Being out West" thread, but going forward I'll post information and updates in this thread. I'll be working on getting some deals on camp ground and hotel accommodations, and will post that info here as well once I have something solid. I have several rides planned as well. So, there you have it, hope to see you here. Ride safe and keep the shiny side up. :grin2:

Mods, could we make this a sticky or link the other thread to this one? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Sir! You are my hero. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, the official announcement is up in the Rides, trips, and events section, and is a sticky. Hope to see you there. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'll be touching base with a couple hotels and the camp ground tomorrow. They already have pretty good rates and decent reviews, and they're within walking distance of several restaurants. Hopefully I can have some firm rates and reservation information available in the next couple days. Once we can start making reservations, as you make them if you would, post that you have done so here so I can get a solid headcount. There are also a couple large parking lots near by that I plan on using to stage our rides, with easy access to the highway. For anyone interested, Friday evening, the 26th, I'd be more than happy to lead a short ride around Idaho Falls and point out some points of interest and photo ops. I've also got a list being prepped for your arrival which will show you where things like ethanol free fuel, a photo shop should you need their services, the local Honda dealer, emergency services, and such can be found. If there are other products or services you may need, let me know and I'll see what I can do to provide you with the necessary information.

More to follow, ride safe. :grin2:

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
checking calendar, with retirement looming, I may be busy...riding. Seriously, waiting on hotel feedback, but do need to see what else I may have to do next June. I would love to make this M&G. I’ve got 10 acres of tree’s planted somewhere in Targee National Forest in 1999-2000 in my fathers name. Might have to ride through it on the way.

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Actually, the rides I have planned pass through several sections of the Targhee National Forest. We'd love to get you there.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well bummer! I was good to go with the original dates for the weekend prior...but I cannot make these, due to a family wedding in Montana. Best of luck with the gathering Mountain Rider! I am hoping for a good turnout, so I can attend the 2nd annual in 2021!!

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well bummer! I was good to go with the original dates for the weekend prior...but I cannot make these, due to a family wedding in Montana. Best of luck with the gathering Mountain Rider! I am hoping for a good turnout, so I can attend the 2nd annual in 2021!!
Come on down before or after. We may not have everyone, but I'd be happy to show you around, and I've got some friends that will ride just because the sun came up.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Some of you may remember me, Deadend Bill, North Las Vegas, NV. Back in August of 2017 my wife and I were crashed into by a Ford Excursion in Ashland Ohio. My 2012 Gold Wing totaled, wife and I were hurt but wearing full gear protected us. After that, I felt it necessary to quit riding after 52 years. Well after a year or so not riding I am BACK! After buying a Triumph, now sold, and a Burgman 650 Maxi Scooter (still own, with hope wife will ride again) I scored a 2012 Level 3 Gold Wing with 17,500 miles on it! Decent condition, fair price and I am back on the road! Put 1,000+ miles on it last week. Anyway, I plan on attending The Best of the Great Northwest Meet and Greet!!! I am looking forward to the event and I do hope my wife is back in the saddle again, but if not, I'll be there! Ride safe, wear the gear! Looking forward to meeting all!!!

·
Registered
1,731 Posts

You could always say, "Excuse me I need the restroom" and just keep going.

Come back in a couple days and say Wow. I don't think anybody will say anything. >:)

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
First, I'd like to thank Capt. Bob. Your call was much appreciated, as was the advice.

I spoke with the hotel and the camp ground today and I'll pass on what I've got so far. The hotel is Motel 6 Snake River, 1100 Lindsay Blvd., Idaho Falls, Idaho, 83402 Ph# 208-529-5400

What I've got so far is a room with a single Queen bed, $67.11 per night which includes tax. This is their off season rate minus 10%. I'm waiting on a call from the GM, who may be able to improve on that. If they do, they will adjust the price for any reservations made prior. They don't have a lot of amenities, but it's a fairly new place, clean, and is right off the highway. They will start taking reservations on November 1st and will honor the rate for reservations made through February 15th. Mention you'll be there for The Best of the Great Northwest M&G, and they'll try and block our rooms together. If you need 2 Queen beds, it's another $10. Denny's and Outback Steakhouse are only about 200 feet away, and others such as Applebee's, Chilis, Jaker's, and The Bees Knees are within a very short ride if you don't want to walk.

The camp ground is Snake River RV Park & Campground. 1440 Lindsay Blvd., Idaho Falls, Idaho, 83402 208-523-3362 They advise starting to make reservations after January 1st, using their website. That site will show what's available and the pricing. You may make reservations there as long as there are spaces available. I ask about those with camp trailers such as the Aspen Classics and Leisure Lites. Those will be considered tents and not be charged as an RV. They recently went through a change of ownership, so there are some things still in the works. This is a nice park about 200 feet from the Motel 6 I spoke with. They have a pool and shower facilities. Tent spaces are $25 per night plus tax and cabins are $50 per night per night. There is a $35 cleaning deposit on the cabins, which is applied to the fee as long as you keep things clean. Idaho Falls does have a hospitality tax of 13%, plus the sales tax of 6%, so be aware of those if you stay in the campground. Again ,I'm hoping to hear from their GM as well in hopes of improving the rates. One other thing, I believe they may charge a non-refundable cancellation fee. It will be applied to your site fee, but may be forfeited if you're a no show. Sorry, I just don't want anyone getting blindsided.

Well, there you have it. More to follow. :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
Will they let us use the court area or put us in the back? I don't want UncleJohn on one side and the Utah boys on the other. :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All the parking is along the front. We could park him in the truck parking area. :wink2:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Looing at the date (June 26-29, 2020) that would be a Friday-Monday, correct?

1 - 20 of 199 Posts