GL1800Riders Forums banner

181 - 200 of 237 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Patrick, your timing is impeccable. I actually have an appointment to meet with the school district tomorrow after my physical therapy. More good news, I met up with another Honda Service shop in Idaho Falls. It used to be a Honda dealer, but the owner retired a few years ago. The Service manager took over the service side of the shop and continues to do the work to this day. This is the only shop my GWRRA folks talk about. He told me if anyone needs repair while they're here, he'll drop what he's got and take care of us. He also offered to install my Progressive Monotubes for $70 plus parts (seals, bushings, and fluid) if I'd pull the forks and bring those to him. That will free up a bunch of time I can use to finish other things. I also followed up with the other dealer, and they're still on board, so we're pretty well covered. One of my GWRRA ladies has offered to make a few microwave baked potato sleeves to give away, so I'll have a couple of those along with a can of Plexus, and another little item that everyone might find interesting. Weather is trying to improve, we're supposed to be around 40* by this weekend.

Leslie will be home Thursday, so we'll set about getting her new drivers license and military ID, as well as a replacement SS card. She already cancelled her bank card and has a replacement on the way for that. Luckily, that was the only card she took with her. The credit card and other bank card stayed here. I have another visit with the doctor in April. This last one he checked my shoulder for range of motion and strength, and was very pleased. Range of motion is almost 100%, and strength is much better, but he wants me to continue physical therapy for a few more weeks to improve on that. Hopefully I'll have the washer repaired in the next couple days, and since the heater in the car now actually provides heat, Leslie will be a much happier camper. Well, that's about it for now, so for those of you who can get out, ride safe and keep the shiny side up. For those of you who can't, stay warm. ;D
Great news Dave! I said it before and I'll say it again, you'd da man! Must be your military background Dave. Army Strong Brother, Army Strong!

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Ok, I just got back from speaking to the fine folks at our Middle School here in Rigby, and I have use of the parking lot approved on the morning of the 27th of June, between 9am and 10:30 am. It should be adequate size wise, I estimate it's about 300+ feet by about 250 feet, with plenty of parking space for spectators. Patrick, if you would like, after you and your guys arrive and get settled in, I can take you to the location so you know how to get to it and what it looks like, so you can prepare. There, one less thing to worry about. Well, as we count down, there's only 4 months, 1 day, and 12 hours until this whole thing kicks off. Ride safe everyone. :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ok, I just got back from speaking to the fine folks at our Middle School here in Rigby, and I have use of the parking lot approved on the morning of the 27th of June, between 9am and 10:30 am. It should be adequate size wise, I estimate it's about 300+ feet by about 250 feet, with plenty of parking space for spectators. Patrick, if you would like, after you and your guys arrive and get settled in, I can take you to the location so you know how to get to it and what it looks like, so you can prepare. There, one less thing to worry about. Well, as we count down, there's only 4 months, 1 day, and 12 hours until this whole thing kicks off. Ride safe everyone. :D
Hi Dave, Thanks for the info. Will pass it along to the team. WoW that's the biggest lot we've ever been offered. BTW, have you any guess on how many are coming to this shing ding?

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Hi Dave, Thanks for the info. Will pass it along to the team. WoW that's the biggest lot we've ever been offered. BTW, have you any guess on how many are coming to this shing ding?
Based on the reservations I'm aware of, I know of 13 bikes so far. The State GWRRA Chapters have taken notice and a few plan on coming as well. At least 2 other Chapter Directors plan on coming, but I don't know how many of their members are considering attending, and the Regional Asst. Director has ask if I was alright with our folks piggy backing a little, since we're not having a District Rally this year (long story, I'll tell you when you get here). So, for now I'm going to guess between 17 and 20. I haven't checked the campground to see if anybody has reserved sites there yet. The proof will be in the pudding I guess. ;)

·
Registered
332 Posts
I'm booked at the motel and riding up with one buddy and possibly a second if he commits We are leaving 5-6 days early and taking quite a few back roads. If all 3 of us come I may tow my trailer. Looking forward to a great time meeting and riding with everyone.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Dave, Teresa and I will be staying at a VRBO in Idaho Falls. We'll be arriving on Friday the 26th.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #189
Terry, Leslie and I are looking forward to seeing you guys again. Ride safe!

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
I'm booked at the motel and riding up with one buddy and possibly a second if he commits We are leaving 5-6 days early and taking quite a few back roads. If all 3 of us come I may tow my trailer. Looking forward to a great time meeting and riding with everyone.
Looking like we might have a sizeable Florida contingent looking to get away from the Florida heat at this "cat skinning". (y);)

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Hi everybody. I spoke with the campground this morning, just giving them a gentle nudge and reminder. They're telling me if you plan on camping, you might want to get those reservations made soon as they're starting to take June reservations and spaces are going quickly. Good news here, the roads are pretty much clear around here now, so I may be able to get out and check some of my rides out before your arrival. Still chilly, around the 40's and 50's, but that's why we have warm clothes and my newly installed heated grips. :D Just a little over 3 1/2 months to go, so be safe and we look forward to seeing everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Well, we'll be keeping an eye on the situation surrounding the virus and how it affects transportation. Starting tomorrow night, there's a 30 day ban on incoming flights from Europe, and there's been talk of possibly restricting interstate travel as well. This may be the biggest bump in the road for this shindig so far. First and foremost, my main concern is with everyone's safety. I don't plan on cancelling anything just yet, I'm just praying they get this sorted out so we can have a safe and fun event. Cross your fingers everyone. ?

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
With the situation as it is, there isn't a lot new I can tell you. I just thought I'd see how everyone is doing. I'm hoping this finds all of you and your families safe and well. We're doing well here, and killing time by doing those little things that need doing. I got the new tire mounted, new LED lights in my Ring of Fire, and am working on a mount for my handheld CB. I actually got out for about a 45 mile ride with Leslie the other day, and got a chance to try out my Colorado Chaps. If you get a chance to get a pair of these before the maker retires, do it. They're very comfortable! Picked up a couple new jackets from GWRRA and a set of Klim gloves for Leslie.

So, Leslie and I wish all of you good health, stay safe, and know we're thinking of you. Til we meet down the road, Dave

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Yep. (y)

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
It was about 75 miles West of Challis, ID at 6.5 magnitude. About half way between Cascade and Challis and 8 little ones of 4.6 down to 3.1 Not much of a roll and slightly felt bump or two. There were two by West Yellowstone earlier today 2.9 and 2.1 to get things started.

·
Premium Member
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #199
And I had to read about it here? We had no idea.:eek:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Please post updates as you can, would be fun to pop over to "meet the neighbors", if possible. Being from Wa State, I get over there about a dozen times a season, usually anyway, sadly nothing is "usual" this year.

181 - 200 of 237 Posts