·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Awesome, looking forward to meeting you. :grin2:

·
Registered
121 Posts
MountianRider, Looking forward to the event! I will make a reservation at Motel 6 on 11/1/19 also. It will be a great time for me to get out of the heat in Vegas and tour Idaho!!! See you soon, God willing and the creek don't rise!!! Deadend Bill (aka Bill Foster)
Sorry about the sideways pic below...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I look forward to seeing you, and the pic looks good to me. :grin2: Based on your past, I'll keep you in our prayers for a safe ride.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
MountainRider, do you happen to know if the campground will let 2 motorcycle campers in the same spot? Reason I ask is some places will and some won't. Might be quite a few campers. Thanks again for setting this up!

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Pooch, I'm not sure. I'll quiz them on that. The gal I spoke with seemed to indicate the tent space was a certain size and as long as what you set up fit it would be good.....but. I need to go back and see if I can talk directly to the GM anyway, so I'll pose that question. And, you Sir are welcome. Some of the best times Leslie and I have had has been simply sitting around a picnic table with new acquaintances and an ice cold brew. The thought of folks actually coming here for a bit of comradery and some ride time together is exciting for both of us.

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Dave, you da man! Are you sure you didn't work for a travel agency in another life setting up vacation packages? :grin2:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
I have been accused of that before. Of course I've also threatened to write a book of rides around here too. :wink2:

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Ok, Pooch, I ask about doubling up the camp trailers. They said sorry, no, emphasizing these are "tent" (singular) spaces, not spaces for "tents" (plural). Wish I could do better for you, but for now it looks like what they offer is it. Unfortunately there aren't a ton of campgrounds close by. If it becomes a real problem, I'll get a couple porta poopers and set you up in my back yard. :wink2:

I will do a search and see if I can find somewhere a bit more accommodating within a reasonable distance.

Now that that little piece of info has been disseminated, I'll also throw this out there, I'll be having rotator surgery on November 12th, so hopefully I'll be back in service before June. If not, I'll just piss off the doctor and do what I want. You guys may have to help me get on the bike. >:) Ride safe everyone.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks, Bob I hope all goes well, too.

Not right now, no group sites. They are thinking about doing something like that, but it's not happening just yet. :frown2:

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Now that that little piece of info has been disseminated, I'll also throw this out there, I'll be having rotator surgery on November 12th, so hopefully I'll be back in service before June. If not, I'll just piss off the doctor and do what I want. You guys may have to help me get on the bike. >:) Ride safe everyone.
While I've never had this surgery (thankfully) a couple of my friends have and this is what they both said........rehab is extremely important in order to get 100% mobility of your arm/shoulder.
As the old saying goes, No Pain, No Gain. You should be in great shape by June. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.

Here's a note for everyone. Bring your lucky charms with you, we're going to have a drawing. I won't tell you what it's for, but I believe you'll find it to be worth the trip and the cost of a free ticket. After all, this is the first one, it should be memorable for someone, and if nobody shows, I'll keep it for myself. You can even call it a bribe. >:)

·
Arkansas Ridgerunner
3,479 Posts
The RAIDERS ride to Idaho..........Maybe?????

@1potter1 this does sound like fun!!!!!!:thumbup::thumbup:

Or just maybe we need a different kind of MRI!!! >:):thumbup:

21 - 40 of 196 Posts