GL1800Riders Forums banner

121 - 140 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Howdy Dave, how's the shoulder? Can you putt around on carpet yet? A about a week after mine, the Doc had me putt a golf ball around the house. Which started me going to course to use their putting area next to the club house. At least it was not the start of Winter for me. :)
Shoulders doing pretty well. The Doc pulled all the staples out and scheduled another follow up in about 6 weeks. I start formal physical therapy in about 4 weeks. In the mean time, I can't putt, I have to lean on the edge of the table, let my arm hang, and shake my butt so the arm moves like a pendulum. It's not a pretty picture! The up side is I am getting a few things done for our GWRRA Chapter, since I was made the Chapter Director via unanimous finger pointing. :wink2: Hopefully I can meet the school district folks to lock down the use of their parking lot for this little shindig. Then I have to meet up with the lady at the local sticker shop to get some bumper stickers going, and then there's all the stuff I have to get done on the bike before June. Wow!:surprise:

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Dave what are you going to do in your spare time? :grin2:

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Shoulders doing pretty well. The Doc pulled all the staples out and scheduled another follow up in about 6 weeks. I start formal physical therapy in about 4 weeks. In the mean time, I can't putt, I have to lean on the edge of the table, let my arm hang, and shake my butt so the arm moves like a pendulum. It's not a pretty picture!

OK, my wife says it was almost 4 weeks when I started therapy. I went in for the follow up when he told me to start therapy.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #125

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Looking at options for lodging in the area and gave a quick second to camping. that’s not going to happen. Don’t you guys have like mountain lions out there? Moose will ruin your evening too. Grizzly bears there??? Looks like if I get things in order it’s the ‘leave the light on for you’ place.

Maybe one might want to stay at the Motel 6? Yes, yes that might be the right place....

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Bob, we're looking forward to meeting you as well.

We're getting closer, 6 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, and 23 hours. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Mark, we'd love to have you. Like I told another member, come on over, either before or after if need be, and we'll make something happen for you. :grin2:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Dave, How's your physical therapy coming along? Hope you are getting better with each day, my friend.
Just thought I'd pass on some information, last night was at our GWRRA chapter Christmas party and the District
Director was there and I chatted him up on your M&G. He wants to promote it in our district and he says he might
be able to come. I also have a few members very interested in coming as well. Already have booked a room to share with
a good riding buddy of mine, so this could turn into a bigger event than you might realize. Hope this doesn't over whelm you.
No good deed goes unpunished, as they say. 28 WEEKS 04 DAYS 12 HOURS 34 MINUTES to go

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Patrick, I was on the verge of overwhelmed when I realized this was becoming more than a few folks for a burger and a beer. :wink2: That said, I look forward to seeing everyone, I just hope this meets every ones expectations.

·
Registered
290 Posts
As I said Dave, this is an opportunity to meet new people. I've been to alot of events locally since 2007 and I really like riding
with my chapter buddies, great bunch of people, but to have an opportunity to Meet & Greet new fellow riders well
it's why I ride. Besides to get to ride some of your great roads is icing on the cake. Beside no worries meeting my
expectations, it will be a fantastic event. BTW, love BBQ any BBQ places you could recommend in Idaho Falls?

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Well, you've got your choice of several places, Pit Master BBQ, Grandpa's Southern BBQ, Texas Roadhouse, and I'm sure there are others. Worst case, I'll fire up the grill. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Ssshhhssshhh! Don't let that get around, everyone will think it's the truth until they get here. :wink2:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Started physical therapy yesterday...….they're mean! My shoulder hurts worse today than it has is a couple weeks. Lots of stretching for now, but I know it will get better. Patrick, I can drive a bit now, so once school is back in session after the holidays, I'll talk to them about the parking lot use. Well folks, only 6 months and 4 days left. The campground will start taking reservations after January 1st, for anyone planning on roughing it.

I've been going over the rides I planned, and the Sunday ride has been modified a little. The original route, although scenic, travels through a lot of farm country, and the potential for getting caught behind a farm truck greatly increases that time of year. The change makes for a less problematic ride traffic wise, and remains very scenic. I think you'll like it. Depending on how many folks show up, I've tried to put together a sheet of alternate routes for you to consider. I know not everyone likes to ride in large groups, and hopefully these alternate routes will provide you the opportunity to see our area in a setting more comfortable to you.

Last but not least, I planned on BBQing, but trying to do rides and cooking doesn't quite work out time wise. If you're interested, I may be able to get room for us at a local place, Saturday evening. Nothing fancy, but the prices aren't bad and they offer a reasonable menu including burgers, sandwiches, pizza, calzones, and salads. I know it's pretty basic on the road food, so if you choose to enjoy some of the other options available (and there are plenty), that's great. But, if you're happy to settle in a corner with a burger and a beer, and tell war stories, let me know and I'll set it up.

Ok, hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas and we're looking forward to a Happy and safe New Year! Ride safe everyone. :grin2:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Less than 6 months to go!!!! :grin2:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #139 (Edited)
Happy New Year!!!!!

Guess what's happening in just 5 months, 3 weeks, 3 days, 14 hours, and 26 minutes? Best Of The Great Northwest M&G 2020!!!

Have a happy and safe New Year, hope to see you here. :grin2:

PS: The camp ground doesn't have their on-line reservation system up yet, but you should be able to call and make reservations starting today. Click on the link , and their information will pop up.

121 - 140 of 182 Posts