GL1800Riders Forums banner

141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I will probably be camping. I know I will be on the way out.

·
Registered
397 Posts
My vacation schedule was posted on the 15th. I have the time to attend this ride! I'm leaning toward camping. It sounds like a great time!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #144
My vacation schedule was posted on the 15th. I have the time to attend this ride! I'm leaning toward camping. It sounds like a great time!
Mark, we're looking forward to seeing you here. Have a safe trip. :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
I think we came up with a solution for a cookout. We're thinking about renting a camp space at the camp ground with a fire ring for Sunday, after the ride. That would give us the opportunity to enjoy some good food and some great conversation, without everybody having to deal with preparing to depart and going around town to get dinner. If you want something other than soda to drink, that's on you, but we're thinking of some brisket, baked beans, corn on the cob, and some good old fashioned home made potato salad. I have some great friends and family willing to get everything ready while we ride, and if the campground isn't accommodating, there are a couple other places around town including my backyard. So looking forward to seeing everyone, only 5 months and 5 days left. 🍻

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Dave this is a very generous offer (y) I hope all is going well with your shoulder rehab.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think we came up with a solution for a cookout. We're thinking about renting a camp space at the camp ground with a fire ring for Sunday, after the ride. That would give us the opportunity to enjoy some good food and some great conversation, without everybody having to deal with preparing to depart and going around town to get dinner. If you want something other than soda to drink, that's on you, but we're thinking of some brisket, baked beans, corn on the cob, and some good old fashioned home made potato salad. I have some great friends and family willing to get everything ready while we ride, and if the campground isn't accommodating, there are a couple other places around town including my backyard. So looking forward to seeing everyone, only 5 months and 5 days left. 🍻
I love it!
Can't wait!
Mite start shovelling path to the Motorcycle shed today.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
Dave this is a very generous offer (y) I hope all is going well with your shoulder rehab.
Rehab is going well, thanks. The shoulder is a bit sore today after a weekend of running the snow blower, and physical therapy started me on weights. Those little pink 2lb weights kicked my butt. ;) A little BBQ is the least I can do. Potatoes are cheap and easy after all, I'm in Idaho. The rest is just a thanks to everyone who will take the time and travel the roads to get here.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Rehab is going well, thanks. The shoulder is a bit sore today after a weekend of running the snow blower, and physical therapy started me on weights. Those little pink 2lb weights kicked my butt. ;) A little BBQ is the least I can do. Potatoes are cheap and easy after all, I'm in Idaho. The rest is just a thanks to everyone who will take the time and travel the roads to get here.

Idaho??? Cheap potato’s?? Too funny, they must be laying all over the place😬. Do they blow around like tumbleweeds do it Texas? sorry, I need more coffee.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Potatoes are cheap and easy after all, I'm in Idaho. The rest is just a thanks to everyone who will take the time and travel the roads to get here. ]
So does this mean we are going to bake some taters over the open fire? (y)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #153 (Edited by Moderator)
[QUOTE Potatoes are cheap and easy after all, I'm in Idaho. The rest is just a thanks to everyone who will take the time and travel the roads to get here.

So does this mean we are going to bake some taters over the open fire? (y)
We can if you want, I'm cheap, easy, and superficial. ;)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #156

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
I have no idea what happened to my "like" that I clicked on Ron but I'll just say it.....LIKE (y)
Update I found out where the problem was....operator error :(

·
Registered
453 Posts
Camping

So....how many are considering camping?
Possibly, I haven’t decided yet.
I had planned on doing some touring before and after the event and was bringing the camper to help keep my costs down for the trip.
Anyone familiar with the host listed campground or other campgrounds in the area?
I have a Rollahome and prefer a quieter campground that doesn’t consist of RVs with generators running all the time.
I have not checked with the campground yet on prices and the lay of the land.
thx.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Possibly, I haven’t decided yet.
I had planned on doing some touring before and after the event and was bringing the camper to help keep my costs down for the trip.
Anyone familiar with the host listed campground or other campgrounds in the area?
I have a Rollahome and prefer a quieter campground that doesn’t consist of RVs with generators running all the time.
I have not checked with the campground yet on prices and the lay of the land.
thx.

I am also interested in what you find out.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #160
1potter1, We'd love to see you out here. If you click the link in my signature line, the pricing information and information about the area are available there. If you're not seeing the link, you may need to go to your account settings and select the block that allows you to see full signatures. This campground has been pretty good about noise. All their RV sites have power available, and generators are discouraged, if not out right banned. Good luck, and we hope to see you here.

141 - 160 of 182 Posts