GL1800Riders Forums banner

161 - 180 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
1potter1, We'd love to see you out here. If you click the link in my signature line, the pricing information and information about the area are available there. If you're not seeing the link, you may need to go to your account settings and select the block that allows you to see full signatures. This campground has been pretty good about noise. All their RV sites have power available, and generators are discouraged, if not out right banned. Good luck, and we hope to see you here.
Great, Thx for your hospitality and putting the ride all together.
As we get closer to the dates and I can confirm my travels, I’ll give the campground a call and make sure our tent campers are allowed in the tent areas with tent pricing and also away from the mechanical noises of the RV areas.
I

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
The tent trailers like yours are allowed in the tent spaces, one per space. Their rate for the tent space is $25 a night.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Looking forward to seeing you. Ride safe.

·
Registered
362 Posts
All booked into Motel 6. Arriving Thursday the 25th, leaving Monday the 29th. Looking forward to it!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
Looking forward to seeing you here. Ride safe. :D

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Well, only about 4 1/2 months until we ride into history. For now, I'm just clearing snow from the driveway and wishing for warmer weather. My fellow Idahoan's to the North and West have been teasing me, reporting that they have been out on some short rides because temps have been in the upper 40's and 50's. I have mentioned that they suck. ;) I have a friend working on a surprise for you long distance travelers. It's a secret for now, but really cool. I had mentioned I was having a drawing, and originally planned on giving out a gift certificate for a set of Colorado Chaps, but the nice lady there is planning on retiring about that time, so I'm working on something else. In the mean time, I'll shovel snow and work on Black Beauty so she's ready to go. Ride safe!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #168
I posted this elsewhere, but I'll add a note here as well. We're stepping back for a week or two and focusing on family. Leslie's younger sister passed Monday night from a massive heart attack. It was completely unexpected, and she went quickly. Leslie has gone back to Toledo to be with family for a couple weeks. When she returns, we'll be back on track. Fortunately, everything here is moving along on its own, and I can fill my time with some small projects I need to get done before June. In the mean time, value the time you have with loved ones as it can end in an instant, ride safe, and keep the shiny side up. We'll see you in June.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
Sorry to hear that, prayers sent.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #171
Will do guys, thanks.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
So sorry to hear that. Prayers being sent to Leslie & you and condolences to other family members & friends. We just never know what tomorrow will bring. 😢

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Thanks Paul, very kind.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
It never rains, but it pours! On top of all this, my washer died yesterday, and Leslie discovered her wallet disappeared while she was on the bus. The cards can be replaced, the money may be a little harder right at this moment, so now she's in Toledo with no ID and no money. At least she's there with family and has her return tickets. She'll be well taken care of, it just sucks with everything else that's going on. 😞

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
It never rains, but it pours! On top of all this, my washer died yesterday, and Leslie discovered her wallet disappeared while she was on the bus. The cards can be replaced, the money may be a little harder right at this moment, so now she's in Toledo with no ID and no money. At least she's there with family and has her return tickets. She'll be well taken care of, it just sucks with everything else that's going on. 😞
Dave I'm sending you a PM through Conversations

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Thanks to all of you. If the friends I grew up with were as kind and caring as the friends I've found here, well, what a wonderful world we would live in. Ride safe and God bless. (y)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hi Dave, Well I hope your past few misfortunes are now in your rear view mirror of life. Thought I'd touch bases with you about a parking lot venue for our drill team. Again lots of time, so no worries, just saying hi again! Got a test ride in yesterday to test out routing with my new 595LM. Happy to say worked out great, no issues. Also made our ride route, on Basecamp, to Idaho Falls and back home. No interstates and lots of scenic byways roads and a few favourite twisty roads, so as they say, the ride will be just as great as the destination. Ride safe my friend.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
Step back and take a breather Dave, things could always be worse, this to will pass, hang in there...I’ve heard a million times...sometimes I just have to laugh or go crazy, or is it a crazy laugh. Anyway, hoping you get the clothes washed b4 she gets home without her wallet. She will already be short on nerves. Time to ask the neighbors for a favor, just knock on the door with a basket of dirty laundry and a smile:mad:o_O:)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter #179
Patrick, your timing is impeccable. I actually have an appointment to meet with the school district tomorrow after my physical therapy. More good news, I met up with another Honda Service shop in Idaho Falls. It used to be a Honda dealer, but the owner retired a few years ago. The Service manager took over the service side of the shop and continues to do the work to this day. This is the only shop my GWRRA folks talk about. He told me if anyone needs repair while they're here, he'll drop what he's got and take care of us. He also offered to install my Progressive Monotubes for $70 plus parts (seals, bushings, and fluid) if I'd pull the forks and bring those to him. That will free up a bunch of time I can use to finish other things. I also followed up with the other dealer, and they're still on board, so we're pretty well covered. One of my GWRRA ladies has offered to make a few microwave baked potato sleeves to give away, so I'll have a couple of those along with a can of Plexus, and another little item that everyone might find interesting. Weather is trying to improve, we're supposed to be around 40* by this weekend.

Leslie will be home Thursday, so we'll set about getting her new drivers license and military ID, as well as a replacement SS card. She already cancelled her bank card and has a replacement on the way for that. Luckily, that was the only card she took with her. The credit card and other bank card stayed here. I have another visit with the doctor in April. This last one he checked my shoulder for range of motion and strength, and was very pleased. Range of motion is almost 100%, and strength is much better, but he wants me to continue physical therapy for a few more weeks to improve on that. Hopefully I'll have the washer repaired in the next couple days, and since the heater in the car now actually provides heat, Leslie will be a much happier camper. Well, that's about it for now, so for those of you who can get out, ride safe and keep the shiny side up. For those of you who can't, stay warm. ;D

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Patrick, your timing is impeccable. I actually have an appointment to meet with the school district tomorrow after my physical therapy. More good news, I met up with another Honda Service shop in Idaho Falls. It used to be a Honda dealer, but the owner retired a few years ago. The Service manager took over the service side of the shop and continues to do the work to this day. This is the only shop my GWRRA folks talk about. He told me if anyone needs repair while they're here, he'll drop what he's got and take care of us. He also offered to install my Progressive Monotubes for $70 plus parts (seals, bushings, and fluid) if I'd pull the forks and bring those to him. That will free up a bunch of time I can use to finish other things. I also followed up with the other dealer, and they're still on board, so we're pretty well covered. One of my GWRRA ladies has offered to make a few microwave baked potato sleeves to give away, so I'll have a couple of those along with a can of Plexus, and another little item that everyone might find interesting. Weather is trying to improve, we're supposed to be around 40* by this weekend.

Leslie will be home Thursday, so we'll set about getting her new drivers license and military ID, as well as a replacement SS card. She already cancelled her bank card and has a replacement on the way for that. Luckily, that was the only card she took with her. The credit card and other bank card stayed here. I have another visit with the doctor in April. This last one he checked my shoulder for range of motion and strength, and was very pleased. Range of motion is almost 100%, and strength is much better, but he wants me to continue physical therapy for a few more weeks to improve on that. Hopefully I'll have the washer repaired in the next couple days, and since the heater in the car now actually provides heat, Leslie will be a much happier camper. Well, that's about it for now, so for those of you who can get out, ride safe and keep the shiny side up. For those of you who can't, stay warm. ;D

Sounds like things are starting to improve Dave, and it's also nice to have another Honda tech on board for emergency repairs if needed. (y)

161 - 180 of 182 Posts