GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After all this fooling around, trying different tires, switching back to MC tire (once in the same day)...I think the dunlop RF sr5000 is about as good as it gets. It grips very well in the wet (don't get stupid) is very smooth, 1 up or two...very quiet, and wears real well. The only problem with this tire is that with a couple of years age, they get a little harder, this just helps the wear. I can still do a pretty impressive burnout on a cold tire and bark real well into 2nd gear on a warm one! What more can you ask for? :thumbup:​

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
I thought you were switching back to a mt by your post. So, you still are on a ct? glad you like the Dunny.

·
IronMan
17,472 Posts
i run 3000 rf wont go back be safe n enjoy it just gets better

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I was a little misleading.....I am using and will be staying with the Dunlop CT!

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
That is great, I'm glad you like your tire!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
i think all car tires that will fit will be better than a mc tire---some car tires are just better than others.:thumbup:

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Think I will be trying the Kumho ESTCA ROF in mine this time. Has a better tread rating than the Pirrelli.
I'm a 6,000 to 8,000 mile trek on the Kuhmo! I will post my findings when I return. So far, so good as of right now though! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
The best rear tire is the one you wife buys for ya after first on!!

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts