GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have gathered, I must have picked a good dealer. When I purchased my bike, about the only thing I knew for sure was if I bought a Honda, it wouldn't be from the local dealer. I almost didn't buy a Honda, period, because of the condecending attitude I got from the sales staff here. I contacted several other dealers within a 200 mile radius, and ended up choosing Tulare Honda. Tulare is about 60 miles or so north of us, close enough to ride to, not so far to be a real hassle. They weren't the lowest in price, and I told them so, but I also told them I expected to be treated a bit better than the local dealer. When I had the ECM changed, they were fast and clean, didn't squabble about the added goodies (passenger arm rests, Baker wings, etc.). When I found out about the weld recall, I contacted Tulare Honda and they told me they had just gotten all the paperwork and were working on finding a good welder that would come to their shop so they wouldn't have to run the risk of moving a partially disassembled bike and damaging anything. About two weeks ago, they called me and told me they had found a welder that met their requirements as far a qualifications and mobility. So, I'm taking it in today, in between rain showers, and hopefully will have it back on Tuesday or Wednesday. I was told that Honda will have a representative there on Monday when they do the work on 4 bikes, maybe I'll get the chance to tell them how I feel about potential resale value drop, and what they can do to make it up to me when they come out with a replacement bike. I'd almost bet that the 2005 model bike will look nothing like the 1800's, there are way too many embarrassments with that already. :oops:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Best of luck to you, Duane! From the sound of it, you've been blessed with a good dealer to work with. My frame reweld was one of the first two done at my dealer, and while I had to leave it with him longer than I would have liked, I also liked the fact that they weren't going to let my bike out the door until they were absolutely certain that the job was done right.

May yours be done quickly and right!

John in Vegas[/i]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts