GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knows what the blue wire is that is at the left side of the top of the trunk near the hinge. Please see photos below.

Attachments

·
Registered
487 Posts
Looks like an addition for something electrical . Did you buy it used? If so you might want to ask the PO ( Previous Owner )
Other then that not much help am I Sorry.
David

·
Registered
24,624 Posts
It is not stock.
It looks like it is cut and dead ends , that could be the way the light hits it.

Trace it down and get rid of it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
blue wire

looks like he has a mirror in the trunk lid?Maybe a lite wire for it?Or even a trunk lite wire?Is it hot?Test that thing....

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
I'm thinking it's the running light wiring harness from E/C. If you have a spoiler installed that harness allows it to work as both a running light and a brake light.

Just an educated guess.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was wondering if anyone knows what the blue wire is that is at the left side of the top of the trunk near the hinge. Please see photos below.
With its white tag, That wire looks like an antenna for something.. Do you have an aftermarket alarm system on the bike (or something that works with a remote) ?

If yes, DON'T CUT IT !

·
Registered
848 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
With its white tag, That wire looks like an antenna for something.. Do you have an aftermarket alarm system on the bike (or something that works with a remote) ?

If yes, DON'T CUT IT !
I did buy it used, the orig owner is not available but I do have an after market alarm with a remote installed. That makes perfect sense, an antenna for the alarm.

Thanks all for brain storming,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts