GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK; Rear tire choice has been made; and I thought my front tire decision had been made, but looking at signature information, I see some running Sport Demon 130/70/18, and others running 120/80/18.
Just for the Uninformed; whats the difference?
I was going to go with the 130/70/18, now my stupidity shines, and I'm not sure.
Any help appreciated.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
The Sport Demon is a rear tire application. We use it on the front because of the deeper tread, and a more even wear across the tire. The BattleAxe I believe are a dual compond tire and start to wear funny as the mileage piles on.... Just pick, one... nothing magic or holy grail about either.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Being rear tires, both the Bax and Dem have more wrap around the sides of the tire. Consequently the 120mm of either tire is actually the same width as the stock 130mm. That's all. IMHO it looks better. I don't think it makes much diff in the performance. Also a few ducks cheaper. Cheers....:doorag:

·
Registered
796 Posts
I went with the Battlax because of reviews here. I got the size I was told to get and off I go....happy and ignorant. Now I'm double darkside, happy and ignorant. Either one works great....just get one! This indecision is killing me!

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I went with the Battlax because of reviews here. I got the size I was told to get and off I go....happy and ignorant. Now I'm double darkside, happy and ignorant. Either one works great....just get one! This indecision is killing me!
OH boy, I am gonna have to try this Double thing sometime...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts