·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 ·
I have the same model bike…

Oh, so hard to keep it clean!!!

Just ride it.
Good thing I'm a person who rarely cleans his motorcycle. Some people have a million dollars invested in cleaning solutions and spend half their time keeping their ride clean. Others, like me, would rather be out on the road. I do understand the relaxation that can come from cleaning something but I get that from doing the dishes 😁🙄

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #205 ·
I did go out for a 150 mi ride today because that's all the time I had. I suppose I'm one of those people who has the usual buyers remorse about an expensive purchase even before the deal is signed. However, I can say without any hesitation that my day today exceeded my expectations by a wide margin.

First of all I'm a 59-year-old gentleman who is 5 ft 5 and 1/2 in tall with a 27 and a half inch inseam who has ridden more than 300,000 miles in my life including a lot of them on a BMW GS adventure with a slightly lowered suspension so I'm used to being on big bikes. Of course the weight of this behemoth melted away as soon as I was rolling more than 2 miles an hour and everyone knows that. Oddly, this is the first Honda I have ever owned and the quality showed through from minute one. The transmission is fantastic the acceleration is smooth the seat was comfortable for my body no need to change that right now and of course the navigation system worked fine I did get The Sirius XM subscription was thrilled to be listening to the '70s channel most of the ride. Looking forward to going out riding at night I'm fairly positive the headlights are aimed far too low but they are easily adjustable and I will look forward to accomplishing that. Happy to finally have her in the garage looking forward to thousands of miles that will rack up pretty quickly I hope. Thanks for all the information and encouragement from all of you

·
Registered
63 Posts
Good thing I'm a person who rarely cleans his motorcycle. Some people have a million dollars invested in cleaning solutions and spend half their time keeping their ride clean. Others, like me, would rather be out on the road. I do understand the relaxation that can come from cleaning something but I get that from doing the dishes 😁🙄
I don’t know what it is but I hate riding a dirty Gold Wing. Such a beautiful bike. Pains me to see it a mess.Much prefer to take good care of it before the start of a ride.

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 ·
Another simple 100-mile ride went over the skyway to Bradenton and back. the very first tank yielded a consumption of 45 mpg and that flashing light comes on exactly at the point where one gallon is left and therefore 4.5 gallons go in leaving you with 30 safe miles of travel I suppose and the countdown range is quite accurate

Sky Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle

Sky Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle

Sky Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #208 ·
oh.....
even though i've MUTED the GPS guidance voice..... every single time it WANTS to say something.... it mutes my siruius-xm radio feed
THAT feature... apparently, cannot be turned off... even if the GUIDANCE VOLUME IS ZERO
does anyone have any idea about that?

·
Registered
2018 Honda Gold Wing
9,345 Posts
This bike is so easy to wash and keep clean..takes me about a 1/2 hour to wash with a bucket of soapy water and a garden hose....then blow the water off with a leaf blower

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I did go out for a 150 mi ride today because that's all the time I had. I suppose I'm one of those people who has the usual buyers remorse about an expensive purchase even before the deal is signed. However, I can say without any hesitation that my day today exceeded my expectations by a wide margin.

First of all I'm a 59-year-old gentleman who is 5 ft 5 and 1/2 in tall with a 27 and a half inch inseam who has ridden more than 300,000 miles in my life including a lot of them on a BMW GS adventure with a slightly lowered suspension so I'm used to being on big bikes. Of course the weight of this behemoth melted away as soon as I was rolling more than 2 miles an hour and everyone knows that. Oddly, this is the first Honda I have ever owned and the quality showed through from minute one. The transmission is fantastic the acceleration is smooth the seat was comfortable for my body no need to change that right now and of course the navigation system worked fine I did get The Sirius XM subscription was thrilled to be listening to the '70s channel most of the ride. Looking forward to going out riding at night I'm fairly positive the headlights are aimed far too low but they are easily adjustable and I will look forward to accomplishing that. Happy to finally have her in the garage looking forward to thousands of miles that will rack up pretty quickly I hope. Thanks for all the information and encouragement from all of you
ClearwaterDCT,

PM sent to you.

Tim

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #213 ·
A nice short 120 mile ride at sunrise watching The mist rising off of the pastures. Every single mile brings more joy and excitement about making my dreams come true and owning this wonderful bike. The very best to all of you.
Tire Wheel Plant Sky Automotive lighting

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
9,487 Posts

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #219 ·
Both the 2018s I rode had a huge dull spot between low and high beam. Has that been fixed in later models?
i don't think
and..... the high beams are horrible
provide VERY LITTLE extra illumination.. narrow beam
very disappointing
i've been spoiled by CLEARWATER LIGHTS added to all my BMWs... but, i am still shocked how these headlights are all about FORM OVER FUNCTION
they look spectacular
a lot like those on my wife's acura rdx
but... they aren't 1/4 as good
for a bike costing 60% as much

201 - 220 of 228 Posts