GL1800Riders Forums banner
161 - 180 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
2018 DCT Tour
803 Posts
i work 6 days a week as a pediatrician... and have no time to go get one from far away (wish i did)
You are assuming that you can't do a fly and ride to purchase a bike from a distance away. Don't close that door yet. Years ago I found a vehicle I wanted near Philadelphia. I couldn't take a bunch of time off work to do it: at first I assumed it was impossible.

BUT the impossible can happen.

I called the dealer and they were great. I flew out after work Sat afternoon. They picked me up at the airport, took me to the dealership after hours (can you believe it?), and I signed the paperwork they'd prepared in advance, and drove home... something like a 15 hour drive. It was brutal and I lost some sleep, but by Monday morning I was back at work and the miracle was real.

I actually did it.

I wouldn't recommend this for everybody, but just pointing out that if ya want something bad enough, maybe there's a way.

You spoke of being a pediatrician. Once upon a time, you had to pull off the "near impossible" to reach your goal of becoming a doctor. If it were easy, everybody would do it. So please don't think you can't. The bike you're dreaming of is out there, and it's got your name on it.

We're all pulling for ya.

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
Most folks know I've been absent for the last couple of weeks
I almost bought a 22 RT couldn't stand the riding position
all dealers in my area will be getting new bikes in the next month
I have a deposit down in four different places
all refundable
all could sell the bikes to other people who are on the list
I will finally have my '22 Black DCT Tour in my garage by the middle of May
thank you so much for all the encouragement of the people here
sorry for my absence it was just difficult to follow along when I didn't know when or if I be getting a bike
the best all of you
Greg

·
Administrator
4,760 Posts
Congratulations on ALMOST getting a new Wing. Glad to have you aboard the finest Goldwing forum. When you get it we enjoy pictures. Some of us are certified screen-lickers. 😂

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Happy for you Greg. You're going to love every minute onboard that bike. To coin a phrase from one of the Supremes during their on-stage banter: "Black is beautiful, baby." Keep us posted.
thanks for the phrase... and the kind words
hopefully be riding on the new GW 1 week from today (this is saturday)

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
called dealer today
supposed to be in tomorrow = april 19th.....
now... honda says.. on april 18th.....
"10 days to ship"
yep... that's right
the emotional roller coaster is killing me

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #175 ·
Just in time to help kill some love bugs! Enjoy….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
and to sweat to death.. Forcing me to get on the interstate and head to Sarasota and South
as long as I stay near the coast they will be very few to no love bugs but otherwise it will be a disaster of course as I head east.

·
Registered
962 Posts
already have my first route planned in kurviger
the point is to be able to write home on the Suncoast Parkway in comfort

View attachment 399702
That's a good ride, but we can improve that exponentially. You know how to get a hold of me. Cannot wait for your [anticipated] May delivery. Racking that first 1,000 will be sheer joy, no doubt! :D

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #178 ·
That's a good ride, but we can improve that exponentially. You know how to get a hold of me. Cannot wait for your [anticipated] May delivery. Racking that first 1,000 will be sheer joy, no doubt! :D
Amen to that
it SURELY will be
look forward to riding together
it'll be fantastic

·
Registered
2021 Honda Goldwing DCT Tour
28 Posts
I spoke to the salesperson who is by the way my friend
I'm waiting to hear about the key
because the company the charges you $30,000 for a motorcycle and will give you a second key probably doesn't care if they ever fix your damage bike
I told him that he had to call the rep and that the rep had to find out where the parts were and get them ordered today if I were going to take this bike
of course I need to see it in person because as we all know pictures never do any justice to what you see in person
I'm concerned about the dashboard area because that covering is already so amenable to scratching
plus rattling if that area was tied down tight enough to cause that damage up top perhaps all all here is a rattle in the dashboard for the next hundred thousand miles
and all of that
I want to go on a 400 mile ride on Saturday
so many more important issues going on in the world and worrying about whether or not I get to ride my Gold Wing
please forgive me for sounding so ridiculous
of course at least I'm preaching to the choir here on this forum I suppose
I picked up my 2021 DCT Tour in November and it came with two keys!

Reactions: ClearwaterDCT

·
Premium Member
2022 Tour DCT
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
I picked up my 2021 DCT Tour in November and it came with two keys!
congrats on the new bike
it looks like they are coming with two keys now which is a wonderful thing
an hope that you are enjoying every single mile
appreciate your reply here

161 - 180 of 228 Posts