GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Amity and I went over to Sanford, Fl today for a lunch cruise on the St. John's River. Our first "two up" trip on the new bike. On the way back, I punched cruise, then automatically moved my thumb up to resume to give it that secret "kick in" boost. Whoaaa.....by the time I moved my thumb off of "set"..............zooooooommmmmmmmmm, it took off on its own. I was so surprised that I had to try it again and voila, it happened again. So, of course, Amity had to say, "What are you doing?" I didn't feel like going through the whole thing, so I just said, "playing."

I have so much fun with my wife and my bike, I thought I would post a few pictures of today's adventure. St. John's River, Amity on the boat and me with the bike. (I can see by my picture that I've let a few pounds sneak up on me since catscade.)

·
Registered
156 Posts
Every time I start mine, it loses 5mph then accelerates up to the set speed. Unless I hold the throttle stationary for an additional5 seconds or so then slowly let go, it will then hold set speed.

I guess I need to adjust under the top shelter.

Ed
'06 ABS

·
Registered
365 Posts
Cruise adjustment

I too had to adjust mine. It took three full turns and now it seems to be about perfec. No lag or surge noted

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
the wait?................ LOL

Thye took a picture of me one day last week. The picture weighs more than you do? :lol:

Denny

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
towmoter said:
I thought the delay was normal. Is setting and then pressing the resume the fix?
It's not a fix.....it's a solution.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Great pics Jan. BTW, can you tell me what highway pegs you have on there? those look like they are double folded or something?

thanks,

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Jan,

that is a dang good looking bike. Sounds like a good day of riding

regarding the extra weight.... get your electric golf caddy out and chase it more often. :arrow: :wink: :wink:

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
57 Posts
Jan,

Great pics. We love the St John's and can't wait to get down there next month!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Jan, it looks like you have the pegs down below the level of the enging guard. If you take a curve the least bit aggressively, you will hit the arm on the road and it will not be a good thing. It will hit before the rider pegs will and could cause your front wheel to scoot.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Hey Jan, my wife and I, and a other couple are riding down to Florida for two and a half weeks, and will be staying in the Villages from the 24-29th of sept. maybe we will run into you one night in the town sqaure for drinks, look for an orange and a magenta wings.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Re: Cruise adjustment

BobC43 said:
I too had to adjust mine. It took three full turns and now it seems to be about perfec. No lag or surge noted
Had to adjust mine also, now it works like it should. :D

·
Hungry Member
5,045 Posts
I wouldn't mind having fun with your wing and your wife too, when should I come down? :p

·
Registered
430 Posts
Why?

It appears that many, if not most, suffer from the delayed cruise-on syndrome. I am part of this group. Sometimes it seems to take 'forever' to resume set speed. What a pain! Other times it recovers the set quite quickly.

I reviewed Fred's cruise adjust procedure and it seems to be pretty simple, but I'm just curious as to why it's necessary on a brand new bike to adjust these cables.

I will be digging around down there this winter to correct this problem, but I'm going to write up a 'punch list' of under the shelter chores, since I think that pulling the shelter is a PIA. Mic mutes come to mind as a good add while screwing with the cruise.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts