GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darkside ok new on this site hope I'm in right place .as for double dark side ..I'm a well expierienced rider and sometimes I get a little stupid and like to stand my bike up and ride it on back wheel. For a little short distance .what would two car tires do as far as handling .is the ct much hevier I'm getting new tires 1st of month .I'll just start on the double darkside . I have a 2004 1800 .with about 35 more HP then factory .anyone have any ideas ...no I'm not going to stop wheeling I'm just stupid like that .its got to look good lol

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
I will be the first to ask because inquiring minds want to know:

Git any proof of those extra 35 ponies?

Dyno?
Timeslips?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
First, Welcome to the site.
Second no one is running 2 car tires, (I'm sure someone will prove me wrong).
Double darkside is running a CT rear and a rear MT on the front. I don't think the tires would interfere with your wheelies.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Double dark-side (what I have) is a CT on the back and a rear MC tire on the front. I use a BattLax on the front.
The guy I bought it from had a dyno read out it showed the line graph horsepower to rear tire at different rpm .and torque couldnt get his copy machine to print .I didnt care enough about
It to go through the trouble i just wanted to avoid the heavy traffic. I was amazed how much power it has .I had no idea it actually has real power. I bought it because I thought I couldnt get in as much trouble .my last 3 bikes where venture royals they where I'm impressive but this new one might turn me to honda .havnt drivin the new yamaha venture

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think I can honestly say that not to many people are going to be able to tell ya how your bike is going to handle while doin wheelies. Sorry.
I'll find out soon .first I need to find the tires wheres a good place to get them. Being run flats probably be to hard to put them on tim myself .

·
Registered
552 Posts
First things first. Welcome to the forum, Where are you from? How long have you owned the wing? We like pictures.

You are meeting some skepticism on the horsepower increase. There are Wings with turbos and superchargers that have not reported that big of an increase. Regardless, even stock, there are some individuals who do wheelies with a GL1800. This is not common, partly because of the bike design and partly because of the demographic of the Goldwing owner. Your choice but IMHO the majority here would discourage this for a number of reasons.

As noted above, double darkside is not running car tires on front and rear. I know there are three million posts on this site but you should probably search "double darkside." But fact is, if you are in a wheelie, any front tire will do.;) Darkside rear might be an advantage for wheelies.

There is a thread offering help with mounting or known shops that will do mounting. One advantage of darkside is it opens up to many more sources for purchase. Check local tire retailers as well as internet. No need to tell the seller what your vehicle is. In fact, if you remove the MC tire and bring the wheel into a tire shop, they'll never know. It looks like any old aluminum wheel. BTW, read the threads on how to remove the wheel from the bike. Two common ways (remove rear fender or lay the bike on its right side) and either is very easy.

Good wishes; be safe.

and don't forget - WE LIKE PICTURES! :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts