GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
8,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got a salesperson from Southern to email back with info about the '07 wings. Seems like a nice guy. Interesting, they say they do not have any yet (and no pricing on '07s) and will not until the middle or end of October. Every dealer here in DFW has '07's so I don't know why Southern does not.

In any case, it appears that the reason they sell the bikes so cheap is because they figure to make their kill on accessories (chrome, extended warranty, etc.). Since I don't want any of that stuff, I am not sure how keen they will be about selling me a bike. OH well.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Southern

It can be frustrating to get a salesperson on the phone at Southern. Every phone in the place is constantly ringing. I was told they sell over 2K bikes a month. It took me a few days to actual;ly get someone to get back to me with available colors/options. As far as add-ons go, I think that the salespeople do make some commission on the accessories. However, I bought my '06 from these folks at exactly the price shown on the internet with not a minute spent trying to sell me anything I didn't want. As all car/bike salespeople seem to do they asked me if I wanted the extended warranty but diidn't press when I declined. The clerk who did the title and bill of sale paperwork was polite, efficient and quick. In addition, my salesman gave me a few phone numbers at Honda HQ in case I ran into any difficulty getting warranty service. All in all a very pleasant buying experience at the best price (by far) I found.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Try Lakehill Motors in Corinth Miss.. You will pay a few hundred more but they are nice people to deal with. They will also tell you the arrival dates,colors of bikes they have coming. Also you do not have to buy extras to get the bike like you would a Southern.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Southern is notorious about advertising a price and getting you into their store. Once there, your bike is ready to go, but first you must speak with the F & I guy/gal.

Here is where they put the squeeze on you with sad stories about how they make nothing on the bike, hence it would be nice if you purchased from them some goodies. Even lets get you into a service contract or an extended warranty.

You are not obligated to purchase anything from them, other than what you agreed to purchase, at the agreed price. Plain and simple. The Federal govt will guarantee this for you.

They have great prices, piss poor customer relations. and they are hard sell on the " Sell up" program.

Stick to your guns and don't let them talk you into anything.

Bulldog

·
Registered
53 Posts
Bulldog said:
You are not obligated to purchase anything from them, other than what you agreed to purchase, at the agreed price. Plain and simple. Bulldog
I know a guy that saved around 3500 on an 06 NAVigation model. Went there, got his bike, they prepped it, and he rode it home. No hard sell.

I believe all dealers try to up-sell you with warranty etc...I cant blame them for that. Some people put it all in the financing and it makes sense to add it all on the original ticket as they pay LESS out of pocket per month, and purchase more bike at a rate they can afford.

·
Registered
3,308 Posts
I bought mine from Southern Honda, and the only thing they asked is if I wanted the extended warrenty. I DID purchase it, but, after a month or less, I found I could buy it from HAL, during one of his sales and I did just that.

I lost 25 bucks on the cancellation of the Extended warrenty, but, I saved about 250 bucks overall. Not a bad tradeoff.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Anybody tried Hal, I did after looking aroud FOR A 2007 and I did my homework and Hal was within a hundred bucks of any of those guys. SO WHAT'S UP WITH ENCOURAGING OUR HOST!!!!

·
Registered
5,286 Posts
Dealership is out to make mo' money. That is why they are in business.

When i bought my Silverado last year the finance guy did the hard sell on add-on stuff like an alarm , extra life insurance, extend warranty( the platinum one!!). I said 'no' to all of it about 77 times...LOL

it got worse the next day when I had to got back for some paperwork we (he) forgot to have us sign the night before. Pure jackass

oh well, I spelled his name correctly on the survey form GM mailed to me.

8) :lol:

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Bought my '05 abs from them. paid 16250 including progressive springs front & rear... They DO do the "we make money on accessories" tango.. but they don't give you a hard time if you don't buy any.

·
Registered
778 Posts
BigBird05 said:
Well I finally got a salesperson from Southern to email back with info about the '07 wings. Seems like a nice guy. Interesting, they say they do not have any yet (and no pricing on '07s) and will not until the middle or end of October. Every dealer here in DFW has '07's so I don't know why Southern does not.

In any case, it appears that the reason they sell the bikes so cheap is because they figure to make their kill on accessories (chrome, extended warranty, etc.). Since I don't want any of that stuff, I am not sure how keen they will be about selling me a bike. OH well.
Check out www.lakehillmotors.com have a orange standard in stock, just sold the black one saturday, prices are posted on website. If dont have it, will give you a date of expected arrival and you can place a deposit on it or wait and see if it is sold when arrives.

you can call 800-569-6205

JB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.