GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WANT TO DO A LONG RIDE THANKSGIVING WEEKEND SOME TIME

FRI,SAT OR SUN----ONE DAY RIDE,300-400 MILES COLD OK


WEST N.C AND NORTH GA----
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
Boy howdy!
We've got to be around the house on Friday for deliveries but are open for the weekend (if I can get my tire installed). 8500 miles on the front tire and it's thrashed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,809 Posts
YW I may be able to join you, Have a cold from the 2 eggs ride if it clears up some I will head up your way.
 

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
Joined
·
4,676 Posts
Snoppy said:
YW I may be able to join you, Have a cold from the 2 eggs ride if it clears up some I will head up your way.

That settles it.....I'm not coming. :p :p



Bob E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
awwwwwwww come on we are gonna go real slow and enjoy the company of others and look at the pretty views?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,809 Posts
Whats wrong Robeth you cant ride with the big boys??? HAHAhA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
I'm dropping my bike at Traxxion this afternoon for a heavier back spring and putting on a new tire on Friday. Trialsman is going to try and make it but I think Toyo is visiting Krista's family...

Where's Daddysbike and Steve S? C'mon guys.
 

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
Joined
·
4,676 Posts
Snoppy said:
Whats wrong Robeth you cant ride with the big boys??? HAHAhA
Your trailer gets in the way.....it swings wide every time I try to pass you. I think you've had James Bond trick it up.


Bob E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,367 Posts
Would love to join you but, we'll be gone OOT till Saturday late. Could do it Sunday.....but looks like you cats are doing it Saturday. Catch ya next time.

Be careful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok lets pick a meeting place,i live in maggie valley so lets try to meet somewhere equill in distance!

i dont have a plan but we can wing that,lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
Tommy Gunn said:
I'm a hankerin to clock excessive miles Sat.
Cool beans; does Paul have your number?


the guy that used ta live in Boca said:
ok lets pick a meeting place,i live in maggie valley so lets try to meet somewhere equill in distance!

i dont have a plan but we can wing that,lol
How about the gas station by the split in Murphy --- where 129 zips south and 64 keeps going west. It's on the north side of the street --- dang, I can't remember what brand it is, an off brand or something. Just north of the flea market.
Unless you know somewhere easier?

We can all top-off, slap each others' back, then cruise south on 129.
I'm guessing that the loop will be fairly crowded and enforced in honor of the holiday; I think we'll be obliged to ride like tourists.
But we're 'Wingers; that means there will be good eating... :wink:
Bob, you better come.
 

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
Joined
·
4,676 Posts
Arn Butt Bill said:
How about the gas station by the split in Murphy --- where 129 zips south and 64 keeps going west. It's on the north side of the street --- dang, I can't remember what brand it is, an off brand or something. Just north of the flea market.
Unless you know somewhere easier?

We can all top-off, slap each others' back, then cruise south on 129.
I'm guessing that the loop will be fairly crowded and enforced in honor of the holiday; I think we'll be obliged to ride like tourists.
But we're 'Wingers; that means there will be good eating... :wink:
Bob, you better come.
Hey, guys,

My luck has just changed and now I think I'll be able to come....even if Snoppy shows up! :D :D

I'll be coming from Spartanburg, so how about moving the meeting place a little east.....say Highlands, NC or Clayton, GA?

Bill you have a PM headed your way.


Bob E.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
538 Posts
Dad gum it! Your guys are killing me! I want to go on the ride with ya'll so bad I can taste it! Man, I am really looking forward to my leg healing to the point I can go on these rides!

There has got to be a federal law against the worlds fastest Goldwing (white, of course) setting idle in the garage when ya'll are out riding the hills of N. GA and the Carolinas & I can't go!

Ya'll ride safe, have fun, take some pictures!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,457 Posts
Have fun gang. Bill thanks for the invite as I mentioned to you I rode the wing to MA from GA via route 81, great ride 1300 miles, should have made it an officail iron butt, but was a little off. I ended up going through hwy 8 in CT to avoid bad traffic in Waterbury, great ride through Torrington into the Berkshires into MA. Route 57 would be a great daytime ride but it was dark and twisty and I was tired. Looks like the storm will clear for Friday so I'll be leaving Ipswich MA and heading back 84 to 81 for the scenic ride home, it adds a couple hundred miles but I can't stand 95 and NYC, Washington DC, Philly etc.
Oh yeah thank God for Gerbings! well worth the $$ temps most of the time were in the 20s and 30s set to low I stayed nice and toasty. Installed XM radio last week and that added to the enjoyment.
Enjoy the ride gang I'll catch you next time,

Steve
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,425 Posts
daddysbike said:
I ... ... was a little off.
Enjoy the ride gang I'll catch you next time,

Steve
Yes; we know you're a little off but we still like you.


Gimpy ole Turkey said:
I want to go on the ride with ya'll so bad I can taste it! Man, I am really looking forward to my leg healing to the point I can go on these rides!
You heal up; there's plenty of road for you later.
Then you and Dan can tell stories about walkers.


Bob said:
I'll be coming from Spartanburg, so how about moving the meeting place a little east.....say Highlands, NC or Clayton, GA?
Clayton sounds pretty smart.

What do you think, Rick?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
gonna take me 2+hrs to get there,what time on sat and anyone coming from the north?

the stuff north,like 28 and such will be sweet riding!!!
 
1 - 20 of 45 Posts
Top