GL1800Riders Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
I'm in :)

Just call me "toilet paper". I'll probably be wiping up the rear.

yellow wolf said:
gonna take me 2+hrs to get there,what time on sat and anyone coming from the north?

the stuff north,like 28 and such will be sweet riding!!!
I figured that you'd hit 28 and WarWoman Road.
Just to be really cute, why don't we meet at the Clayton DQ and take a group photo?
It'll take me over 2 hours also... ...is 10:00 good for everybody?

Robeth which route are you taking from Spartanburg. Highway 11 to 183 to 76 in westminster into Clayton. What time will you leave Spartanburg if I make it up could meet you at intersection of 178 and 11 there is a gas station on your left think it is Shell.

Snoppy said:
Robeth which route are you taking from Spartanburg. Highway 11 to 183 to 76 in westminster into Clayton. What time will you leave Spartanburg if I make it up could meet you at intersection of 178 and 11 there is a gas station on your left think it is Shell.
Snop,

I was planning to go down I-85, cross Hartwell Lake, then take SC24 thru Tokeena to Westminster to Clayton.

However, to get the rare opportunity to ride with you I'll be happy to take SC11 and meet you at the intersection of SC11 and US178.

We can create the GREAT SOUTH CAROLINA BOLUS for Saturday's tour. How's that sound?

When do I need to be there for us to make it to Clayton by 10:00?

Bob E.

Hey, you guys are killing me. I got my yearly Saturday off for the Two Egg ride. If Sloppy and Robeth would addopt me I could ride with the big boys too.

Have a safe ride,
Glenn

about 8:45 meet at highway 11 &178 should take most people about 45 minutes to 1 hour to run from Spartanburg to 178/11 interchange but the way you ride would be about 15 minutes. Highway 11 is a really nice ride runs right along the foot of the mountains. No twisties but nice ride. HIghway 76 has some twisties down along the river.

If you take Highway ( I thinK 176 ) out of Spartanburg through Inman it will take you to 11

If anyone is looking for a place to eat the Dillard House really puts on a spread family style just north of Clayton in Dillard Ga

yellow wolf said:
everyone is welcome

so the dq in clayton at 10 am sat it is?
Unless I hear otherwise I'll meet everyone at the DQ (LOL) in Clayton at 10:00 on Saturday......except Snoppy, whom I should be following.

Google maps shows the DQ on US441 between Rickman Street and Warwoman Road......is that accurate?

See you there.

Bob E.

robeth said:
yellow wolf said:
everyone is welcome
so the dq in clayton at 10 am sat it is?
Unless I hear otherwise I'll meet everyone at the DQ (LOL) in Clayton at 10:00 on Saturday......except Snoppy, whom I should be following.
Google maps shows the DQ on US441 between Rickman Street and Warwoman Road......is that accurate?
See you there.
Bob E.
Yup. It's on 23/441, right on the corner where WarWoman ends. That's the corner of 76 and 23/441; can't miss it.
There's gas across the street.

Put a stuffed animal on the trunk rack so that we know who everyone is...

Discussion starter · #35 ·
hogmemberisold said:
yellow wolf said:
gonna take me 2+hrs to get there,what time on sat and anyone coming from the north?
Am I North enought?
Galute will be coming across 40 and come in late and I'll be there earlier this evening, if you have room...
for you guys? your always welcome and look forward seeing you guys!!

Dang, I hate it when this happens. You all have a great time. Sure wish I could join ya, but mamma's got other plans for me tomorrow.

Ya'll ride safe now, ok?

Rib Country is in Blairsville.......

There's a city named Clayton in the St. Louis suburbs that has a DQ just outside its city limits. Take a REAL ride and come on up here. Ya want twisties, just lean from side to side in the lane, it's our version of Deal's Gap.

Wish I could join ya, but they put GA a bit too far away when laying things out.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.