GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the first 1000 miles for the year are now in the books.:yes1:

I did have a rough day last Thurs as I rode a bit to far and as Curtis reminded me that was overkill after having major surgery.

Anyway I just had to share as I continue to ride trying to get in shape for the Rodgers ride in. My wife and I have already decided that I just might not be able to ride everyday down there as I am sure many rides are set up but I will do several I am sure.

The weather is getting to be great and I am sure everyone is getting out now so be safe. I know in my area as the salt ran out and became hard to get sand to over and that just will not go away with rain, so traffic will have to get it blown to the side so watch those back roads.

·
Registered
165 Posts
WOW!!!~1000 miles this year so far,:congrats: I still have yet to put on my first mile,the Wing is still covered up in the shed were I put it away in Nov. This weather around here just will not warm up. I still had snow on my lawn up to 3 days a go.:wrong:

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
I am only 256 miles short of 3,000 miles this year. Hope to have that before the end the up coming weekend. Roads around here seem pretty good other than the big holes from the frost.

Ride safe!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Man, you guys are tough. I have had the wing on the road for one month and have just over 300 miles. I thought that was good, oh well.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Well I managed to pick up 62 today after work. A bit windy but could be worse. So now I am under 200 to get to 3000.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK it is obvious that I am sucking seeds here:bow:

My mission now is to get at it.

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
john, i hope your not trying too much

i had surgery in october and picked the new bike up three days later

but then it sat for a month, while i got better

those 140 miles were tough, but i wanted the new one home before they changed their mind about my trade in

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
45 miles left for 3000. I think I need a ride.....lol

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Went over 3000 last evening. Hunted turkeys this morning, but manageed to ride this afternoon. Am at 3236 right now. I am sure you are over 3000 by now Mike.

·
Registered
165 Posts
:p I got the RED CHARIOT out of the shed this afternoon and did a T-clock and went for a short ride to Biramwood and back, 20 (S)miles, all the time I had,but it sure was GREAT to get back to riding again. :p

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
john, i hope your not trying too much

i had surgery in october and picked the new bike up three days later

but then it sat for a month, while i got better

those 140 miles were tough, but i wanted the new one home before they changed their mind about my trade in
I did over do it one day and found out real quick that is not the way to go.

All systems are go for Rodgers. We will be leaving Tues morn 21st or even Mon eve it all depends what we decide at breakfast Fri morn.

When we leave Rodgers we are headed to Tunica and will meet several people on Wed for Memphis bike night and then to Branson. Then we will go back down to Euricka Springs to meet several others that are going on two seperate trips. Some to the Texas hill country and one couple on to Arizona and we will be coming home.

I have already been told that I might just have to sit some riding out during the ride in so we will see.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
i have 1400 mi on , and still have snow in my yard :shock:. last year i was laid up till mid may from hip surg.:eek:4:

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
I have already been told that I might just have to sit some riding out during the ride in so we will see.

i am the very last person to listen to anyone, but i do have great faith in my current doctor

if he says lay out, and rest every couple of days, its for a reason

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Riding in Wisconsin

Well, I wont tell you the miles I have on this year already, but this IS the part of moving back to Wisconsin in May i might just miss about North Carolina.

But it is set. The Army is moving me home to my new job in Green Bay over memorial Day weekend. I look forward to meeting you all down the road this summer.

·
Registered
90 Posts
i have 1400 mi on , and still have snow in my yard :shock:. last year i was laid up till mid may from hip surg.:eek:4:
Thats a lot of miles traveling to your classic Dairy Queen in Solon Springs. We will be up your way at Grandmas marathon time. However not on the wing.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jwen, I hope you are not leaving this morning. We have snow right now,calling for 1-2 inches. Ride safe. I my try to make Rogers AR. I will try to leave on Thurday. All hinges on work!

Lee
We left Mon afternoon around 1:30. We are just North of Kansas city now.

I will say it was one of the worse wind storms :eek:4: that I have ever road in for the last two days but now it is done so we will enjoy the beautiful days ahead.

Hope you can make it it would be nice to meet others from the board. This will be the first ride in for Sarah and I.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Jwen, Looks like I wil be heading down to Rogers AR. Wife can't get off work, so I will be running down by myself. If I can get all my work done this morning, I will leave this afternoon. I will stop and see my dad in Iowa spend the night and drive to Rogers on Thursday. Other wise I'll leave on Thursday early and see you all that night.
I hate big winds!!!!
Have a safe ride and see ya later.

Lee

1 - 20 of 20 Posts