GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think the FOB on my 2018 is really too big to comfortably carry in my jean pockets while riding.

I decided to give a FOB clip a try that clips on my belt or jeans.

After living with it a few months I think this thing is the answer for me. It easily clips securely on belts or pants with no belts.

It is a Victornox brand that I think is a bargain at about $14 from amazon or your chosen source.

What are other FOB holders folks are using to carry the giant Honda FOB?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hmmm.. not a bad idea. I like both of those. I wondered why Honda make the thing so big.

·
Registered
81 Posts
the bag works good for fob and garage door opener.
take fob with when off bike.
fob and garage  door holder.jpg

·
Registered
7,157 Posts
I keep it in the cubby, unless I'm stopped somewhere on the road.

Then it goes in my pocket.
Was in the habit of removing the key from the 1832's. This system is sorta the same.

But I do like the clip....
Hmmm...

·
Registered
486 Posts
I wear a leather jacket. It is always zipped up in one of the pockets. If I m riding I am wearing my jacket. Only take it out when I want to work on bike or turn it on and not leave the garage.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Front pants pocket. However on occasion while going down the road the key light has started flashing. It has turned off in my pocket.

·
15 year Member
6,800 Posts
I think the FOB on my 2018 is really too big to comfortably carry in jean pockets that I wear often while riding.

I decided to give a FOB clip a try that clips on.

After living with it a few months I think this thing is the answer for me. It easily clips securely on belts or pants with no belts.

It is a Victornox brand that I think is a bargain at about $14 from amazon or your chosen source.

View attachment 369400

View attachment 369401
I like that allot..... so much that I ordered one!!

thanks for sharing...

mattbcnv

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have a Klim Latitude jacket that has a small pocket on the left sleeve. That's where I keep both my garage door opener and the Fob. When wearing my leather jacket from my Harley days, I keep the Fob in a zipped side pocket.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Can we get links to those items the leather pouch and and the key fob holder (never new there was such a thing lol)

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm a big proponent of ATGATT ("All The Gear; All The Time"). I always ride with boots, riding pants, armored jacket, gloves and full helmet. I just slip the FOB into the front pocket on my Olympia riding pants and zip it shut. That way I always have the FOB on me, and don't have to remember to take it with me when stopping at a restaurant or BBQ shack.

·
Registered
16,623 Posts
"Is that a FOB in your pocket, or are just glad to see me." Mae West

I agree. I clip this on and forget it. Purchased on Amazon as well.

View attachment 369402 View attachment 369403
I think the FOB on my 2018 is really too big to comfortably carry in my jean pockets while riding.

I decided to give a FOB clip a try that clips on my belt or jeans.

View attachment 369400

View attachment 369401

·
Registered
18,687 Posts
I keep the FOB in the cell phone compartment. And remove it every time I stop along with the cell phone

1 - 20 of 22 Posts