GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The point of the Wild Card tag is to reproduce a similar photo of an object or place that can be found in many different locations around the world. Its a scavenger hunt

Rules are easy... (plagiarized from advrider site)

1. Find a SIMILAR tag and reproduce the photo (as best as possible). Take the tag to a new location, get the photo and post it here.
2. Upon posting your new tag, the tagger is responsible for specifying what it is in the photo that must be reproduced. Be specific, but not so specific that no one else will be able to play because we couldn't find another pink school bus.
* Try to place the tags in interesting locations, objects or places that could probably be found in at least the majority of the continent.
3. The first person to post a found tag gets to place the next tag. If you get a tag, but somebody else posts their picture first, you lose.
4. One tag at a time within thread. File photos are NOT permitted. You gotta ride to play this game.
5. The holder of the tag determines if the tag has been duplicated and acknowledges it by posting on the thread. (Surrendering the Tag)
6. Last but not least, should the tag be soo ridiculous that no one is able to reproduce it, for example a rare tree only found on a certain hill in some state.

Remember, the point of this is not to win the game, or get a better picture than the guy who just bruced (beat) you, the point is the ride. On that note, if someone tags a post office. Rather than get out and ride a block to my local post office, I might ride an hour or so, out to the historic post office a few towns over.... Make it interesting.

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
I snuck out between rain storms to grab this one. Now if I could just turn it the right way. :(

Attachments

Reactions: charleetho

·
Registered
553 Posts
It seems that we have 2 threads going for this game. Lets choose 1 as not to be too confusing. Also, What is the next tag? Lets keep this going. I just figured out tapatalk and can now post pics.

·
Premium Member
1,442 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We have a 36 hour rule in the Colorado game. The rider with the tag has to post a new tag in 36 hrs or the previous tag becomes available. Hope we don't need that rule here.

Sent from my cellphone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Sorry, I was watching the two threads merge. Seeing as how it was the anniversary of the Transcontinental railroad, how about Goldwings and trains?

·
Registered
9,026 Posts
Like this:

Top Image: Arizona Veterans Cemetery, Marana, AZ

Bottom Image (new tag):

Sign, billboard, building...something with the word "red" (like the color) on it.

EDIT: Now, unless there is a question directly relating to the tag, the *next* post in this thread ideally would be the next tag. Any off-topic discussion would happen in the *other* thread.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
Ah, got it. So pic of the current subject followed by a pic to identify the next subject.

Reactions: kwthom and jlbc212

·
Registered
553 Posts
Thats what I was wondering gulf rider. This game stole yours, the one i am used to seeing and playing. This one is just to complicated

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
What other two threads?

There is a thread where gulfrider suggested the game. Several of us agreed. I proposed a wild card game.

Nothing was happening very fast so I created this thread to start the game. The original thread got messy with one tag from me and a bunch of Q&A about how to play and post pics.

So, I started this clean thread. Posted in the original thread a link to this thread. I posted in the original thread "do not play here". I posted a giant red stop sign in that thread to play here. Play in this thread. Play in this thread. Play in this thread.

Several times I posted the to the effect, the game is here in this thread "gl1800-riders-wild-card-photo-tag-game". Some moderator asks me, which thread is the game in. Not the thread that says play here.

I'll go look for the other 2 games.

rufasim you say this one is complicated? How so. It has a few rules copied from a very successful tag game with 9,000 posts and 800,000 views. They didn't find it complicated.

edited (I am not giving up yet :grin2: )

·
Registered
553 Posts
All the other games like this i have seen is you take a pick of what is called. Then you pick the new, to keep the same wording, tag. No need to ride to what you want to photo the tag. Just call it. Plain and simple.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
All the other games like this i have seen is you take a pick of what is called. Then you pick the new, to keep the same wording, tag. No need to ride to what you want to photo the tag. Just call it. Plain and simple.

"No need to ride to what you want to photo the tag."

No riding to the tag? What is the point? Isn't the objective to get out and ride? This is a motorcycle forum, no?

Maybe we do need 2 threads. One for those who want to take pictures of wording and one for those who want to ride their bikes.
@gulfrider please chime in with your thoughts.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I PM'd you guys to discuss how we are going to play this game.

I searched for the other 2-3 threads and could not find any other active games.

Somebody could just ride to a VFW and post a pic for the grab. Then on the way home take a interesting pic with their bike in the pic and post it for the new tag. Pretty simple. Riding is a requirement in this game thread.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Most of us on this forum ride goldwings and ride. I get out every weekend and put any where from 350 to 500 miles on a sunday. I am sure there are plenty here that ride much more than me. Why take 2 pics when only 1 is needed. Pick the new grab and let someone else get the pic. No need for the person naming it to take a pic. Some might not have the time

1 - 20 of 382 Posts