GL1800Riders Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

541 - 560 of 585 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Grab. A Ford Thunderbird, year unknown. I looked online and found a local Ford dealer had a used T-bird. Arriving there, the two salesmen outside said that belongs to an associated dealership in Dallas. As I started to leave, a third salesman came outside and said this Thunderbird was in the back lot awaiting service. Cool!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Tag. An oil derrick or reasonable life-size replica. These derricks are located in downtown Kilgore. In 1930, oil was discovered here and Kilgore became the center of the East Texas Oil Field, the richest oil deposit in the U.S. outside of Alaska. At one time, there were 1,000 active oil wells operating in downtown Kilgore, making it the densest oil development in the world.

Alternatively, a pumpjack or reasonable replica. This one is in Kilgore sitting on the property of, you guessed it, a Chili’s restaurant. This one operates, but I don’t know if it’s actually pumping crude oil, or if it’s just ornamental.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I hope you post a new one tonight!
David if you and Angela are interested we will be riding down to Davy Dogwood park in Palestine tomorrow. We will meet at the Shell station off 175 in Mabank at 9:00 AM. Y’all are welcome to join us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #548 ·
Sign of spring. A batting cage.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I hope you post a new one tonight!
David if you and Angela are interested we will be riding down to Davy Dogwood park in Palestine tomorrow. We will meet at the Shell station off 175 in Mabank at 9:00 AM. Y’all are welcome to join us.

Just saw this this morning. Not gonna be able to make it today. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

Grab a batting cage.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

Tag a railroad caboose.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #553 ·
New tag. A hiking trail

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Grab. A hiking trail. Sorry, no mountains to hike to.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Is there a way to do a word search within this thread to find out if types of places I want to post have already been done? I really don't want to sift through the 27 previous pages one by one.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Is there a way to do a word search within this thread to find out if types of places I want to post have already been done? I really don't want to sift through the 27 previous pages one by one.
Many of us here are at that stage in life when we can't remember where we were yesterday. Post a new tag of your choosing and let one of the younger, sharper minds here judge if it's unique.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Many of us here are at that stage in life when we can't remember where we were yesterday. Post a new tag of your choosing and let one of the younger, sharper minds here judge if it's unique.
:LOL:
Well, it's not really a matter of where I was yesterday. It's more like where someone else was a year ago.

·
Registered
2018 Blue Tour 6speed
115 Posts
Yes. While in this discussion enter a word in the search box then click on "in this discussion"

541 - 560 of 585 Posts