GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the mostly positive reviews/comments about The Helmet Shop in Daytona, the wife and I stopped in during Biketoberfest. I was pleasantly surprised to find folks that actually knew if a liner would come out,,if headsets woudl fit, and what it was made of. Very good experience, installed my headsets in about 10 minutes (clampless) with no charge for the installation. Thanks for the heads up. Now wife is happy with her new helmet.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Good Business

While I was in Daytona last Thursday my headset broke loose. Went to the Helmet Shop and the owner made the necessary repairs and would not take a dime for his work. I would do business with them the next time I need a headset or helmet. Good people.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
OK guys how about a addy &/or a link (if they have one)..jackrabbit where & what brand of a clampless headset did you buy???..thanks..chuck

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
http://helmetshop.com/

This is a local shop to me. Its nice to be able to see, touch and feel before purchase. They sell more than just helmets. I've purchased from them on a few occasions with positive results. They claim to match any price and I found this to be true only to a point. They wouldn't match a great price on an HJC helmet I found at http://newenough.com/

Good luck

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I purchased the J&M from The Helmet Shop. The price was comparable to all of the vendors that were present scattered around the area. I just felt more comfortable with these folks and their install. And,,I think I know where to find them if something goes wrong.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just bought my HJC Carbon fiber helmet from them when I was there 2 weeks ago. They didn't have my size in stock, but ordered it and had it to me at the house within 3-4 days. Free shipping since it wasn't in stock. We've done business with them for several years and are very satisfied customers. BTW, if you haven't seen the new carbon fiber, its awesome and seriously lightweight. Snell and DOT.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
When did Arai start allowing sales on the internet again?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've purchased 3 helmets from them. Won't hesitate going back for the next one.

Their prices got me in the door and their sales and service will bring me back.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
We stop in every year when we visit the beach. Always impressed with how friendly and helpful these guys are. Have made a number of purchases there and would also recomend them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts