GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Grumpy Fart
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Just got a couple hundred miles on mine, and Woo Hoo!

I predict that by the end of the year, all the GL1800 CT guys will be running this tire or planning on getting one. I'm even going to predict that Fred Harmon will have one on that blue beast.

I think I should name the guy that found this tire, and he is
Saint Trialsman EDIT: OOPS
Thanks, tm.

Oh yea, just about got hit in the head by a turkey today and also had a big buck stretch out across the lane about 5 feet in front of me. Lucky for him I didn't nail his butt. That and the sand on roads frozen 7 feet deep made for a pretty exciting day. But the highlight was the dunnie on back.

Now that I've got rubber like TM, I can't wait to go riding with him and blow him off the road.:joke:

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Ya'll finally get me over to the Darkside and then ya go switch the Dalai Lama of tires on me! :22yikes:

Its all good!

·
Registered
796 Posts
We will see, you many be right....time will tell....

It's 90 in Dallas today so I snuck off and rode about 300 miles with a friend over to Possum Kingdom lake area west of us. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the ride of my Kumho. It was smooth, comfortable, quiet, cornered great, soaked up the bumps and made the ride great. You may be right that you have found THE tire, but I have about 2 years left on this one, so I will watch and listen. We would have ridden longer, but had to scoot back because the deer were starting to come out...we saw at least 3 lookin' for a chance to kill us, so we high tailed it home. Great day though even if I'm not on the newest and best....I'm still smiling.:lol:

S

·
0 Posts
I'm even going to predict that Fred Harmon will have one on that blue beast.
Boy that's pushing it, I would be quite shocked if it happened. :agree:

·
Registered
331 Posts
It may be so :shrug:but i thinks i'am going to keep my Kumho it's the best for me :thumbup:
mrwelaxn

·
Registered
796 Posts
You Kumo guys are going to come running like rats leaving a sinking ship. :thumbup::excited:

hahaha.....very funny. You are one funny guy! BUT, I don't think so. I love my Kumho....and it will be a long time before I'm even ready for another tire.....by then there will be something even better. As they always say, "THINGS CHANGE!" :thumbup:

·
Registered
331 Posts
You Kumo guys are going to come running like rats leaving a sinking ship. :thumbup::excited:
I'm going to wait till i'am at least knee deep before i jump ship:eek:4::popcorn:
mrwelaxn

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I am loving the Kumho! I too will be listening to see how the 175 goes!

Cheers :thumbup:

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I'll give up my Pirelli when they pry it out of my hands.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Decisions, decisions.

The Blizzak is pretty much a winter only tire based on treadlife and Summer traction reviews, so I need to decide by early April what my summer tire will be - Kumho or possibly the 175????

Trailsman, hurry up and burn through that tire so I can get an idea of how many miles it will go. So far, the Kumho is still ahead due to a perceived longer tread life.

Decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Decisions, decisions.

The Blizzak is pretty much a winter only tire based on treadlife and Summer traction reviews, so I need to decide by early April what my summer tire will be - Kumho or possibly the 175????

Trailsman, hurry up and burn through that tire so I can get an idea of how many miles it will go. So far, the Kumho is still ahead due to a perceived longer tread life.

Decisions, decisions.
Just get the Kumho, you won't regret it and it will give you time to see how the other tires work out. We already know the Kumho is awesome, the others will have to prove themselves....

·
Banned
11,396 Posts
ROTFLMAO at this thread...You northern guys will do just fine with a winter tire,But they melt reeeeal fast in the heat of San Diego.BTDT.

Hopefully for your sake this tire wears longer than the winter Conti SSR did under me???:shrug:

BTW: Hunzee..
1)I'll never put one on my bike,So you can have dibs on mine..he he he

2) I believe you got your facts wrong..It was Tom Franken who first tried this 175/60/16 tire,and told everyone about it..

Trialsman did indeed help others acquire it..!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
12,497 Posts
..You northern guys will do just fine with a winter tire,But they melt reeeeal fast in the heat of San Diego.BTDT.
... I don't agree with that ...
all I've ever run is the 195 version of this very SAME tire and I'm on my 2nd one...
(tried many times to get Paul to try it but he never got around to it).
They will easily go 20-25k miles
(... in the heat of Florida with lots of 2 up riding and often towing a trailer)

Dennis

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
Yep, Rocky beat me to correcting you. Tom Franken, Darksider #1, found it and told us about it.

Glad you're liking it, Jim.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Rocky,

You should try the 175/60...I would like to hear your reaction...even if you dont get to get in the sack with 'what's her name' for trying the tire...:-D

Right now you are doing same thing as the naysayers, speculating!

I am really interested in your opinion on it, but AFTER YOU TRY IT.
In spite of the fact that I did not like it, I can see why others do.

·
Registered
746 Posts
I've been searching for 175 tire for weeks. ALL the dealers say they can't even order it from anywhere!
Today I gave up the Hunt and ordered my new Kumho 195/55 16 rof from tire rack.
I need to get a new shoe on her soon!

·
Registered
9,393 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts