GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been able to watch this mini series up in Canada. It seams Amazon Prime Video only has this series available in the US, but us Canadians can't watch it here. What a PITA trying to find it on Amazon Prime.ca, not only did I spend half an hour searching every corner of AmazonPrimeVideo.ca and .com, but finally had to call Amazon's customer help line to find out it's not available in Canada. I said to the customer rep that I can except it's not available to watch in Canada, but with the billions of dollars Amazon makes you'd think one of their IT guys could have a search box that tells you a video is not available in Canada and not just, "can not find". Darn, really have heard good things about this series, and wanted to watch it. Ok rants over.

·
Registered
563 Posts
It could simply be a copyright or licensing issue. The owner of that production did not or cannot sell it for broadcast in Canada.

Just a guess.

Tim

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
.....The clock is ticking toward an outright ban on gasoline, motorcycles and eventually all human-driven transportation. A vintage motorcycle collector and bike builder, grapples with a new world of technology that threatens to destroy his passion and way of life. Autonomous vehicles are on the rise after the US Supreme Court decides that the Constitution does not guarantee citizens the right to own private, petroleum-powered vehicles. Starring Neil "Morto" Olson.

·
Registered
774 Posts
.....The clock is ticking toward an outright ban on gasoline, motorcycles and eventually all human-driven transportation. A vintage motorcycle collector and bike builder, grapples with a new world of technology that threatens to destroy his passion and way of life. Autonomous vehicles are on the rise after the US Supreme Court decides that the Constitution does not guarantee citizens the right to own private, petroleum-powered vehicles. Starring Neil "Morto" Olson.
Yes, but it may be another decade or two before those self-driving cars can run relaibale on streets with faded traffic marking and not run over pedestrians in crosswalks. Big problem with that tech is that lawyers for dead pedestrians will be suing and winning massive wrongful death lawsuits against these manufacturers. Even though autopilot has been functioning for two decades on our commercial airplanes, pilots still fly.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
If Remington can be driven bankrupt (again) by lawsuits over Sandy Hook, what's to keep the same thing from happening to Tesla? A tool is only a tool until it's picked up and used, and lawyers will chase money.

Reactions: jlbc212

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It could simply be a copyright or licensing issue. The owner of that production did not or cannot sell it for broadcast in Canada.

Just a guess.

Tim
Hi Tim, As I said in my post, I can except any reason why it's not available in Canada. I just wished Amazon would just say it's not available in Canada instead of ***** footing around.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Just a guess.

Tim
You are most likely right with your reasoning though, thanks.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Never heard of this program but, I looked it up on A/P and found it. I'm watching it as I type. DEPRESSING is all I can say at this point!
Scott

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
The beginning of the end is 2035 in California. Banning the sale of all oil based fueled vehicles begins in 2035 and the sale of that type of fuel is very soon to follow. Delivery of goods will either be off of a ship at port and only several dozen miles out from there in short range and light weight loads in electric vehicles or come in on regular trucks that are quick in and out getting fuel in Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, and Mexico before entry and immediately after exit. Oh yeah, trains may actually have electric motors doing the propulsion; but it is big diesel engines that create that electricity. Battery power to replace that diesel powered generator is nowhere close to have any hope of moving a long train more than just a few miles. Thus, trains would have to be converted to "third rail" or T-Bar against suspended power lines. All of this, and I have not even mentioned major power shortage issues already in existence in the state that causes rolling black-outs to be the norm when a big heat wave passes through. I must decide on where I wish to move to that is not California within 14 years and it must be someplace with dry climate that is hopefully not 90+ days of triple digit heat with 90+ degree nights. I live where I live for the weather and how that affects my health and not the millions of reasons to NOT live here. But the future of the state after the 2035 ban will make it impossible to live here and that will affect my health worse than living where it gets to be 100 degrees with 90-100% humidity. I just do not like being drastically sick for a week at a time 5 to 10 times a year from high humidity.

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Has anyone been able to watch this mini series up in Canada. It seams Amazon Prime Video only has this series available in the US, but us Canadians can't watch it here. What a PITA trying to find it on Amazon Prime.ca, not only did I spend half an hour searching every corner of AmazonPrimeVideo.ca and .com, but finally had to call Amazon's customer help line to find out it's not available in Canada. I said to the customer rep that I can except it's not available to watch in Canada, but with the billions of dollars Amazon makes you'd think one of their IT guys could have a search box that tells you a video is not available in Canada and not just, "can not find". Darn, really have heard good things about this series, and wanted to watch it. Ok rants over.

I think you can use one of those VPN services for your computer. With those, you can "fool" the system into thinking that you're in another country, and then get access to stuff like this.

Unfortunately, I've never needed to use something like this, so I can't tell you how to do it, or even if it truly works.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Whether or not the "2035" proclamation sees the light of day, will remain to be seen, so to speak. From the minute that idea was suggested, multiple law suits were and are, being placed into service, at strategic points. I by far, am no litigation expert but, just because the CA GOV "decides" that by a given year, no fuel powered vehicles will either be sold or operated, that doesn't mean it's gonna happen. We moved from CA 6.5 years ago and, should have done it when I retired in mid '09. Without a doubt, the best move of my life.

Anyway, I'm 68 now so, by 2035, I might be 83, depending on whether or not, the big boy upstairs decides if I should live that long or not. It'll be interesting.
Scott

·
Registered
134 Posts
Just finished watching the pilot episode on Amazon Prime after reading this post this morning and enjoyed it. I hope they release additional episodes. Living in California, this show does not seem too far fetched.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts