GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
9,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Killboy had some GREAT shots this week. This is the best series so far and what not to wear when you're riding. Notice in the last picture, how they all look like they shop at the same thrift store.

Hey...don't we look cool! :rolleyes: Then the guy weating the Honda mesh jacket just cruises through! LMAO!!!!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
And let the expert analysis begin.....................:popcorn:

·
Registered
16,865 Posts
Since I do not ATGATT, I can't bemoan that aspect. It looks like an unnecessary crash. Plenty of room to correct and scrub off speed even though he would have had to use the oncomming lane. Its a wonder she did not "de-glove" her right hand. And what's up with all that grass clippings on the road?

prs

·
Licensed Tooth Torturer
4,676 Posts
OUCH!!

Glad both the rider and passenger were able to get up and walk away. Bet they both were plenty sore for a few days.

Ride safely.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Is it me, or does that front tire look a little bald? :shrug:

·
Notorious Rocket Scientist
5,533 Posts
I dunno about the front tire, but it looks like this guy doesn't corner very much - the rear tire seems rather flat across the bottom.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I dunno about the front tire, but it looks like this guy doesn't corner very much - the rear tire seems rather flat across the bottom.

Living in Florida you don't get to round the sides off much.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
And after that display of proper riding gear and riding skill they gather in the roadway for a discussion of why it was someone else's fault he crashed.

They were probably lucky a skilled sport bike rider didn't come upon them at speed and kill two or three of them.

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
Hate to see that pretty little thing hit the payment and I'm not taking about the bike. Looks like his front wheel washed out on him. One thing I've noticed about that bike is the light front end. When you pick that bike up with a MC jack underneath the frame just like you would any other bike, (vtx for example), you have to pull the front end down with straps. And that's with the jack as far back as you can place it. The bike is way heavy in the rear. In fact, I would bet that if this bike had a center stand, the bike would set on the back tire. (unless it was unusually forward). I'm not picking on the Harley ultra/ electro glide but I would be very careful when riding two up in the curves.

Man, that's some great pictures. It's almost like the new it was going to happen.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Hate to see that pretty little thing hit the payment and I'm not taking about the bike. Looks like his front wheel washed out on him. One thing I've noticed about that bike is the light front end. When you pick that bike up with a MC jack underneath the frame just like you would any other bike, (vtx for example), you have to pull the front end down with straps. And that's with the jack as far back as you can place it. The bike is way heavy in the rear. In fact, I would bet that if this bike had a center stand, the bike would set on the back tire. (unless it was unusually forward). I'm not picking on the Harley ultra/ electro glide but I would be very careful when riding two up in the curves.

Man, that's some great pictures. It's almost like the new it was going to happen.
Looked to me like he just plain didn't know much his bike could take..I was thinking he went over to far on to the exhaust and pegs and rear wheel came off the ground...Too much to quick..LOL . They are very lucky a sport car or bike was not blasting threw the corners afterwards when everybody was just standind in the road...

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
No kidding...right forearm and palm! OUCH!!!
Yep, not to mention the right elbow! And in the second picture, the left elbow, forearm and palm are getting ready to make contact with the pavement. Her right hip went down hard too and she could have easily done a face plant as well. All in all, they both look like they came out relatively unscathed... this time.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Gloves, always wear gloves.

Her natural reaction was to put her hands out, just as anyone would.
Just hurts to look at it.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Who needs stinking gloves. And tank tops are just fine, no bra either........At least she had boots (barely laced).

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
He sure looks like a Bad A$$ in the first pic!:doorag:
Lucky for them, they were riding a hog. Anything else and the speeds would be much higher. And the skin would be much redder.:nojoke:

1 - 20 of 110 Posts