GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere (you have to guess where!) is this open and lonely road. So lonely I didn't meet another car for almost an hour. Stopped even and it was so quiet I think my Goldwing let out a sigh. I thought of this place 200 years ago and I suspect the only thing different would be the lack of the road, the rest would be the same!
Just one photo, a thousand feelings.
Cloud Sky Plant Road surface Natural landscape

·
Registered
2018 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT Airbag
2,956 Posts
I was gonna suggest the loneliest road in America, the one in NV (forgot the number) but, I've never been on it and don't know about the snow fence thing and how potentially green it could be around it. Maybe they get rain in the area, I don't know.
Scott

·
Registered
6,204 Posts
US 6 near Ely, Nevada?

Reactions: Micky Runey

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Wouldn't want to run out of fuel OR break down there......... Cell reception looks like it may be very limited... o_O

Ronnie
9/22/22

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Hwy 6 in Nevada was the first place to come to mind, but it's been so very long, I wouldn't remember anything about snow fencing there. All I remember was setting an absolutely fuel-conserving pace across it as the wife and I rode across. After we rode out of Mammoth Lakes that morning, I remember reading a yellow warning sign stating that it would be 168 miles before the next chance at fuel, and there we were - with our Runes topped off as full as we could get them just a few miles back, and me pulling a trailer too. I thought if I didn't make it, we could ride her Rune double up and go for gas near the other end. My fuel light was bitching something fierce for over 15 miles before we laid eyes upon that glorious gas station at the other end, but nobody had to go get gas in a can and go back.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Somewhere (you have to guess where!) is this open and lonely road. So lonely I didn't meet another car for almost an hour. Stopped even and it was so quiet I think my Goldwing let out a sigh. I thought of this place 200 years ago and I suspect the only thing different would be the lack of the road, the rest would be the same!
Just one photo, a thousand feelings. View attachment 408366
Looks like the highway near Carrizozo New Mexico.

·
Registered
10,063 Posts
This is an hour and 45 minutes of a westbound motorcycle ride in southern New Mexico, on NM-9, between NM-133 (Domenici Highway near Santa Teresa) and Animas. We’re in Dona Ana, Luna, Grant and Hidalgo counties. This was recorded on Feb. 20th 2021. The video is at approximately 8x speed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
To me that could be almost any road west of the Mississippi river and east of the Rockies. In my ventures west the only memories of the trips are the bump of a bridge across the Platte river otherwise the scenery never seems to change!! No offense to the flatlanders.. B.😉

·
Registered
3,412 Posts
US-50 in Eastern Nevada. I would even say you are looking "east bound" Looks like the same scene I was once looking at on the 4th of July weekend this year heading for Rifle, Colorado.

·
Registered
2002 Stream Silver ABS. Full Traxxion Suspension.
1,355 Posts
Living in Florida I can only dream of areas like this. People and traffic almost everywhere here now. Those pics of the open road are so enticing.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Just one photo, a thousand feelings. View attachment 408366
Clothing Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

1 - 20 of 38 Posts