GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody knows yellow is the fastest color. Well, maybe not EVERYBOD!:bow: My contention is that yellow must be the most dependable color as well.

My yellow '05 has had zero problems in the four years I have had it. Granted, it probably doesn't have as many total miles as some here as my riding mileage is split between three bikes but she has "visited" about 20 states in this time. No recalls, no warranty issues, no lag in the cruise, reverse still works fine, no tranny problems or frame cracks, paint and finish are still like new, no suspension problems, radio problems, electrical problems etc. No problems of any kind and no work done on it beyond regular maintenance. Even got over 17,000 miles on the original Dunlops without a "fiery crash" from lack of traction on wet surfaces. Not even a burned out bulb so far. Yep, yellow MUST be the most dependable.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Since I've only had mine for a little over a month and hit 3k today, I can't say about reliable but my wife thinks it is funny that the bees around here are attracted to the yellow bike.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I've got 35K on my yellow Wing, and have had the same experience as XCOP. Is it the color, the year ('05) or just that those of us smart enough to buy yellow are also smart enough to take good care of our bikes? :joke:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yellow

I am picking up my brand new Yellow tomorrow...tons of goodies have been installed:
Zumo 550 with cellset
Passport 9500ix with cellset
PIAA 910s
Powerlet outlet
Hyperlites
Highway pegs.
Russell seat (scheduled for May 20)

I did 5100 miles in 5 days 3 weeks ago on my '08 FJR. I decided if I was goona keep going far, I was gonna go in comfort.

Even got a Texas personalized plate (I know, tax the stupid!): IGOFAR
Can't wait!
Marc

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the risk of hi-jacking my own thread.. and unintentionally angering some folks; Perhaps it's not really the color, or even the year. May be partially attributable to the fact that I am not always "tinkering" with the bike. Not trying to figure out ways that I am smarter than the engineers that designed it and always "improving" it's design, function etc.

When it's running and riding fine I don't feel required to "find something that needs fixing or improving" and start messing with things. Not always trying to "tweak" something that does not really need "tweaking". If it ain't broke I don't feel the need to try and fix it. Also have not added a bunch of aftermarket gadgets and goodies thereby not creatiing any problems by "modifying" something to fit or tearing into things to install new things.

Nothing against the folks that like to tinker, add things, make personalized improvements, etc. They want to make the bike their own and fit their personal needs and desires, that's cool. I am just happy that I must be so easily satisfied and am happy with the bike pretty much the way it was manufactured. I have found many times in the past that I can screw something up pretty quick when I start to try and "improve" it. Obviously others are more talented and astute at such things than me. I tend not to be one of those so I leave well enough alone when I can.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
Sorry I will have to disagree with yellow being the most reliable color. I think after buying a yellow bike those people don't want to admit that they had trouble with it also!! ;) Now my 02 Pearl Orange wing was a beautiful color, But you know the old saying, beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!

·
Banned
1,034 Posts
Everybody knows yellow is the fastest color. Well, maybe not EVERYBOD!:bow: My contention is that yellow must be the most dependable color as well.

My yellow '05 has had zero problems in the four years I have had it. Granted, it probably doesn't have as many total miles as some here as my riding mileage is split between three bikes but she has "visited" about 20 states in this time. No recalls, no warranty issues, no lag in the cruise, reverse still works fine, no tranny problems or frame cracks, paint and finish are still like new, no suspension problems, radio problems, electrical problems etc. No problems of any kind and no work done on it beyond regular maintenance. Even got over 17,000 miles on the original Dunlops without a "fiery crash" from lack of traction on wet surfaces. Not even a burned out bulb so far. Yep, yellow MUST be the most dependable.
Well ,for some reason I have to agree with you :)

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
most dependable has to be red

because there are more goldwing miles run on red goldwings, than any other color, by a huge margain

many years had 2 red variations in color, and in 04 there were three red bikes

red rocks

S

·
0 Posts
Yellow would be the least likely to be stolen - unless they want the swing out stop sign:thumbup:

·
Banned
4,623 Posts

Loren is correct... The Honda Red colors hold all the records. The highest mileage, The fastest bike, The most horsepower, the least repairs. Red holds the most miles per day. Red has turned in the highest miles per gallon ..

But it is a proven fact that Red provides more smiles per miles than any other color.

Yellow is known at the factory as the beginners color...

JMHO :cool:

S

·
0 Posts

:agree:

Now here is a guy who is exceptionally smart, got any stock tips ? :thumbup:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Yellow bikes

Not sure about dependability, but the best looking folks ride red....

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Yellow.

Sure wish I had been patient and bought a yellow one.

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey guys..school buses and taxi cabs are know for their reliability. No? Don't know how red or any other "off color" could be faster or more reliable. My yellow will go 200+ mph while getting 85 mile per gallon (with a used crush washer and OEM Dunlops) and after 700,000 miles in the first year it didn't even need an oil change. (must be the 50 wt. lawnmower oil I put in it).

·
Registered
3,692 Posts
Shucks, I reckon I'z got to agree that most of you boys got some mighty purty rigs there yonder!

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Metallic Megenta seems to be the most dependable to me and they come with the best 1st gear.

Ive always wondered where the vegetable drawer was on the white one
:wrong:
or the chrisper, as we used to call it

however the automatic ice maker would be a big plus

·
Registered
3,293 Posts
I have an 03 with 37k and i have not had a problem with it, nothing, nodda, zip, zilch, big 0, big goose egg, nuttin, and its the silver titanium

1 - 20 of 49 Posts