GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This name game is starting to take on a life of its own... :lol::lol::lol:

For those of you not following along too closely, here's how things are going. A couple of different themes are starting to take shape. In other words, we've had suggestions of names that are "cutesy", "wingy", "lively" and even bordering on "scary". And there are a couple of regional descriptors getting thrown is with the different themes.

For example, in the "cutesy" category, we have suggestions like, Lunch Bunch, Gang, Swamp Rats, Riders, Flatlanders, etc. Then there have been a few with the word "wing" or "goldwing" in the name. The "lively/scary" category includes, Bandits, Raiders, Gang, Borgata, Cartel, Coalition, etc.

With regards to the regional descriptor, all of which will probably fit, are, Florida, Sunshine, Sunshine State, Southernmost, etc.

The biggest hurdle in having a poll to include all the suggestions is, a poll on here is limited to ten (10) choices, and with all the variations, I probably have about 30-35 suggested names. So, here's what I'm going to do:

I'll run a couple of polls to try and narrow things down a bit. The first poll will be to decide on the regional descriptor. It'll say, select one of the following:

Conch Republic
Florida
Southernmost
Sunshine
Sunshine State
Other
Nothing

You'll get to vote for ONE choice.

I'll run a second poll with 10 names, such as but not limited to:

Bandits
Borgata
Cartel
Flatlanders
Lunch Bunch
Raiders
Swamp Rats
Wingers
Wings
Other

You'll get to vote once, but for as many names as you like..., sort of a first, second, third choice. When you vote, try to think about how the combined names in the two polls will blend together.

And finally, the original intention of this whole name game was to come up with something lively and unique, that would differentiate this group from the stereotypical public image of a "goldwing owner". We dont have meetings, we dont pay dues to anyone, we dont have chapters or regions, we dont have "rallies", unless it's 3 or 4 days of non-stop riding over Bart's and Gary's routes in the Smokies, and other than a good meal at some out-of-the-way tavern or roadhouse, we'd rather be out riding than sitting around talking about it. Everyone goes somewhere for lunch. For us, lunch is usually 100 to 200 miles away..., unless you're Tennessee Charlie, but that's another story for another day. :lol:

Anyway, check back regularly and I'll try and get the polls posted later today or tomorrow. And if you have any new suggestions, throw them in.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Brian, tsk, tsk...

Why are you typing such a long post on such a Beautiful Day?
Get out there and ride, man!!

L

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
What'd he say????? :roll:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why are you typing such a long post on such a Beautiful Day?
Hey Lance...

It's too hot. I only ride in 30-40 degree weather any more...:lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
I think I'm going to go with "The Sunshine Cartel." That'll really piss everybody during the winter! :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That'll really piss everybody during the winter! :shock::lol::lol::lol::lol:
...and isn't that what this is really all about? :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This being Super Bowl week here in the Tampa Bay area, the crowd at Quaker Steak's Bike Night was huge. As a result, I spent a lot longer there than normal, and didn't get around to posting the voting polls for the name game. Hopefully, I'll have them posted by tomorrow afternoon, so check back then and get ready to vote and... :popcorn:

·
Registered
871 Posts
How about "The Micky Mouse Mafia"...
or "The Southern Soldati"
or "Gator Gangsters"

L

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Polls are Posted - Vote NOW!

OK kiddies..., the two polls are posted, so everyone go and vote. Dont forget, you need to vote in each poll. So, vote early and vote often!

You can select only ONE choice in poll #1, but you can select as many as you like in poll #2..., but PLEASE, try to limit your choices to no more than 3 in poll #2. :duck:

And, because it's Florida, all ballots probably WONT be counted. Advance and absentee votes will likely get lost, and "hanging chads" will be discussed for a couple of months. And if it turns out that we might need a recount, Al Franken has offered to come and supervise it. After all, he has nothing else to do right now... :lol::lol::lol:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
...like the Mickey Mouse Mafia and Gator Gangsters...

·
Dangerous Old Lady Biker
5,677 Posts
Hey Brian....what happened to my Florida Felons??? Too risque for you???? Too delinquent?

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Brian....what happened to my Florida Felons??? Too risque for you???? Too delinquent?
Maybe too sensitive. See WestFlDon's comments...

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
They must have loved you at the Firehouse.;)

·
Name Tag Guy
6,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They must have loved you at the Firehouse.;)
Actually, they did! I was the guy that checked everyone to make sure they had their cell phone before they went out...

:twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts