GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing new headsets in our helmets and all I can say is WOW!

I've been using an EdSet for many years and loved the quality. Mine was one of the first where everything was hard wired. The new ones are all modular and plug together. Great if you need to replace just one speaker or a mic. The new speakers they're using are much better than the old ones. Deeper bass, the sound is richer and you can really crank them up with no distortion.

Great job on the upgrades Ed! Thanks!

·
Registered
226 Posts
COOL, I just ordered ours last night!! :D

·
Registered
4,934 Posts
Brian in Abilene said:
I just finished installing new headsets in our helmets and all I can say is WOW!

I've been using an EdSet for many years and loved the quality. Mine was one of the first where everything was hard wired. The new ones are all modular and plug together. Great if you need to replace just one speaker or a mic. The new speakers they're using are much better than the old ones. Deeper bass, the sound is richer and you can really crank them up with no distortion.

Great job on the upgrades Ed! Thanks!
Brian,
I went through a very similar upgrade a month ago and have to agree with all you said. :yes1:

·
Registered
553 Posts
radio ??

do you have to listen to the radio to use the intercom ?????

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Re: radio ??

oldbiker39 said:
I don't have the Edsets, but that souldn't be necessary. Are you experiencing
this with your current setup?

Herb

·
Registered
833 Posts
Edsets

I installed one of their systems last summer and have been more then pleased with it. I will replace my wife's J&M set next year with another Edsets. Much better system as far as I am concerned.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
No, i can listen to my boss thru the edsets and the radio-aux thru the speakers

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
I also have a set up like that. I really like them. I did have a problem with them and when I got hold of Ed it was a snap to get them fixed. I really appreciated that.

·
Registered
5,252 Posts
I am real happy with my Edsets. I must have got them in just the correct spot in the helmet, they work well.

Please keep in mind I have damaged hearing from loud noise. I enjoy (LOL) / live with tinnitus in both ears

·
Registered
76 Posts
Re: radio ??

oldbiker39 said:
Not at all. With the radio off, if the inercom is engaged, it works fine.

·
15 year Member
6,899 Posts
I have had edsets for a year and a half, and here are my findings...

1. Best quality speakers on the market
2. Best customer service on the market
3. see rules #1 and #2

Do I have do draw you a picture???

Honestly They sound as good if not better that a nice headset you would have in your home... yes it's that good you will only have to turn up the volume to 15 MAX.... (Your ears may vary) see demographics topic :lol:

Matt(Ashland,MA) :a13:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts