GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just discovered this site a few days ago and have spent several hours reading posts. Believe it or not I am also just becoming fimiliar with computers and am trying to conquer the beast. Hopefully I will be able to offer something to the site.

I just got my new 04 Candy Red a week ago and now have my 93 1500 for sale. It's really kind of sad after all those years maybe I will just keep him for a spare. I came here form California about 15 years ago and the one thing I miss about being there is being able to ride all year. Countdown to ride time here is about 45 days and closing

Looking forward to taking part

Dick aka BigD

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Welcome

Welcome to the family and must say that the bike looks really good. Looks like you decided to go the chrome route and I must say that it goes with this color well.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
BigD,

I had a 93 as well. In 1993, she was the best damned ride in the world. It is now 2004 and my 1800 is the best damned ride in the world.

Yup my 93 is floating around somewhere in Chicago, thanks to Ebay. I thought I would, but i don't miss her a bit!

Welcome aboard and have lots of fun. Don't listen to any of these guys at all, when they start out the conversation with "what you need is...."

Bulldog

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Catskill

Bulldog..

How was your experience with ebay? A couple of my buds said I should try it. I have never been to the Catskills but have always wanted to go. Everthing I have heard about it was positive. If you see an old fart with grey hair riding around on a Candy Red 1800 as if he is lost it will most likely be me.

Good rides..keep the shiny side up

Dick

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome aboard BigD. That's a great looking bike you've got there. 8) Congrats. You've found the right place to post a few pictures and show it off a bit. :D We love looking at pictures of 1800's around here.

Here's a picture of my '01.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the post

Dave..

Thanks for the welcome and the pm on the size of my photo. I changed it a bit but the program I used (Paint Shop Pro) scares the bejesus out of me. I am afraid to go to bed with that program on it will come and get me out of bed to finish something.

I help my local Honda dealer out once in awhile when he gets behind in his service department. As you can tell he pays me in chrome. What the hell why not. If we cannot have it now then when?

Dick

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Black Beauty

JIm..

Your black GL is a beauty. When I finally decided to buy a new one it was between the Candy Red and The Black. My old one being black and having had it for awhile I guess I just wanted a change. Black really shows off the chrome. They are both still in the garage it's just that the red one is closer to the door. It really sucks, I have a new bike with only 15 miles on it and I cannot go anywhere. I was thinking that if I cleaned out the garage maybe I could ride in circles. No one else would understand that except another biker

Thanks for the welcome

Dick

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Way Out West

Tony..

How is the weather out west? On second thought don't tell me I don't want to know. A few years ago I camped in Prescott and had a great time.
I am heading back to California on one of my trips this spring and I plan to go thru Prescott on my way to Palm Springs

Thanks for the welcome

Dick

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Another Black One

Dale..

Is your bike black? Its hard to tell from the photo. All of a sudden there are all these black bikes. It's like God is trying to tell me that I picked the wrong color

Dick

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Red

The one thing I did find out about the 1800 was not to use first gear.It's hard to keep the front wheel on the ground.

THanks for the welcome

More later

Dick

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Dick,

Yep. Yes sir. You betcha. Mine is Beautiful Black.

Candy Red is very nice but, balck is the fastest! :lol:

First gear is kind of like the granny gear in my old pickup, got to be careful with it. One thing about it, there is never any question if the low speed torque is there or not!

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
Re: The Black Beauty

I was thinking that if I cleaned out the garage maybe I could ride in circles. No one else would understand that except another biker

i can get with that idea

my new one has a whole 700 miles on it

i pushed it out of the garage a couple days ago and rode it the 12 feet back in

of course it was 8 degrees that day at noon

loren

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Welcome aBOARD Big D!!

They retired the coolest (and FASTEST) color...

Heard there were too many complaints from the owners of the rest of the colors... they couldn't keep up!

Also heard a complaint was filed by DQ... too many yellow wings were passing them up... :a13:

OK, for those of y'all PO'ed at me for being over here complaining about 48° wind chills... I'll show that I ain't ascared of no cold ;)

Taken last JUNE in Glacier Nat'l park :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Glacier

Mike...

One of my best buds from the honda shop rides a yellow 1800 and likes to race harleys. So far he is 10 for 10. when will they learn. I too wish that honda would have kept some of the old colors. I really liked the illusion blue. The last time I went thru Glacier,a few years ago, it was in september. I left from California and got caught in the snow on the Going to the Sun Highway. At least it looks like you were dressed right.

Thanks for the welcome

Dick

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Red GL"s can fly

Ron..

That must have been a heck of a set of railroad tracks you just went over, or your photo editor works better than mine.

Thanks for the welcome

Dick

1 - 20 of 34 Posts