GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until Lewis posted, I did not consider that the new bike had a different seat arrangement. Those of you who have the new machine, is it comfy or typical stock seat? It may take a couple of years before some aftermarket seats are available and the typical stock seat is a killer for me.

prs

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
According to a post by Lewis from electrical connection it might be different

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
The after market seat should fit, nothing in the mounting of the seat changed only the material and padding as I understand it,.
The seat pan has changed and if you look from the side, it comes down further and at an angle.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
My '05 has the stock seat, which I find acceptable. I road a '12 last weekend for about 30 miles and found the seat more confortable.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Take this with a grain....my butt is so insensitive, a seat is a seat to me. I put a few miles on a new '12 this last weekend and didn't notice any real change in seating position or comfort. I looked closely at it and it looks a little different but effectively feels about the same except for not being nice and broke in to my butt like my 08's.

I would expect if you like your current OEM seat you will like the '12's.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Until Lewis posted, I did not consider that the new bike had a different seat arrangement. Those of you who have the new machine, is it comfy or typical stock seat? It may take a couple of years before some aftermarket seats are available and the typical stock seat is a killer for me.

prs
Russell use's "your" old seat and pan now so it would be the same for the '12
I think most seat mfg. , other than Kury/Mustang, uses the existing seat.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts