GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, couldn't resist. greetings from Peachtree City GA. wide spread power outages down here due to the ice on the power lines.

Down here on work and glad I don't come home until Friday as getting around in this mess would be miserable.

By our standards, the area down where I am, about 1/2 hour south of Atlanta, was slushy this evening, and one could venture at 40 mph in a cage of course. North and east of here not so lucky. some pretty high snow totals.

Looking forward to getting back to the weather of WI and away from the sheets of ice.

dave

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Maybe you can give good ole wisconsin drivin lessons in free time .

·
Registered
19,164 Posts
Sorry, couldn't resist. greetings from Peachtree City GA. wide spread power outages down here due to the ice on the power lines.

Down here on work and glad I don't come home until Friday as getting around in this mess would be miserable.

By our standards, the area down where I am, about 1/2 hour south of Atlanta, was slushy this evening, and one could venture at 40 mph in a cage of course. North and east of here not so lucky. some pretty high snow totals.

Looking forward to getting back to the weather of WI and away from the sheets of ice.

dave
Welcome to the south.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Radio has been playing a spot recorded from a southern woman, "I don't care what them Yankees say, ya can't drive on ice" :D

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Radio has been playing a spot recorded from a southern woman, "I don't care what them Yankees say, ya can't drive on ice" :D

She would be right! that is what the problem is/has been down here. it isn't the snow in the GA/Atlanta area, its the raw ice that coats the road. Short of spikes, no tire is going to traverse that kind of mess.

·
Crazy Northerner
8,621 Posts
Dave have you been telling them about a crazy guy who was riding rustic roads in that kind of stuff.

·
Registered
6,795 Posts
I worked the ice storm of 1976 and the pics coming out of the south sure bring back memories!!

Went up a pole and replaced a service and you climb the ice not the pole. Came down and headed back to the truck and the pole fell over:eek:4:

Wishing for. The best for our southern friends:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
31,981 Posts
Dave have you been telling them about a crazy guy who was riding rustic roads in that kind of stuff.
That that thought is how I will start my day at work today . :lol::thumbup:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts