GL1800Riders Forums banner

61 - 76 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Thanks Larry for another great ride in!!! Great to see and visit all that attended and meet the newcomers. Rides were great. Barb and I got home around 5:45 after stopping at Cabela's and throwing some stuff out to get $159. of new stuff in bike but not the stuff I stopped to get.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Nice to have such a large group for Boomer's memorial ride/funeral

Was not able to ride but made it to Capricorn Inn in the cage. Sure going to miss Boomer! I made a few 5x7 photos of Boomer on several of our rides together. Passed to family via Bullet Bob!

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
In my wife's and my name, I want to thank everyone for welcoming us into the group and letting us ride with y'all. Being a darkside rookie, it was great picking everyone's brain and hearing all the stories in the evenings, on the parking lot (I believe the official term is BS-ing...?)

Thank you Larry for coming up with some great roads to ride. And I apologize for being the slowest rider and dragging everybody down. Still, the pace of the ride was great - not too fast, not too slow.

Very nice, fun weekend overall.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Glad everyone had a great time at the ride in and at lunch for Boomer
Sorry that I miss you guys but with limited days and time gps say 14 hours but more like 16 1/2 each way bye myself had to pay my respects to Boomer at his memorial and the ride wish I could of done both but there will be next right Larry
You guys be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Would have loved to see you Joe, but do understand the time and miles, and lack of sleep problem. Maybe at the spring ride.

Reactions: Wing Nut

·
IronMan
17,453 Posts
MISSED THE DS RIDE BUT NICE TO SEE ALL FROM IT THAT MADE IT TO BOOMERS MEMORIAL ! HOPE TO SEE ALL IN THE SPRING RIDE

·
Registered
95 Posts
Man.....how did I miss the info about this ride????? Sounds great, and would have loved to have made it. Planning to darkside my wing next year and will certainly be looking for rides, meetups like this. Thank you!

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Man.....how did I miss the info about this ride????? Sounds great, and would have loved to have made it. Planning to darkside my wing next year and will certainly be looking for rides, meetups like this. Thank you!
I was going to PM you over on the other site but never did, now I wish I had.

Reactions: copper wing

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Would have loved to see you Joe, but do understand the time and miles, and lack of sleep problem. Maybe at the spring ride.
If everything goes well and we have it posted early enough yes spring ride in god willing

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Covid 19 cancelled the planned ride in May at Marietta. Circumstances at the originally planned Baymont Inn for the fall ride have made switching motels a good idea.
I stopped at the Microtel at 506 Pike St. Marietta, OH 45750 and spoke to them of room availability and pricing. Their rates are: A 2 queen bed room is $70/night, $63 AAA, and $56.70 AARP. A 1 queen bed room is $64/night, $57.60 AAA, and $51.84 AARP. A free limited breakfast is included with rooms.
We are keeping the same dates of September 24,25, and 26 for the majority of us. Come and stay where and as long as you want.
Bullet Bob recommended I start another fresh thread and here's to hoping we get a lot of action here and soon in Marietta.
U ready for the 2021 ride in dates yet need to put vacation in by end of month

·
Registered
861 Posts
U ready for the 2021 ride in dates yet need to put vacation in by end of month

I'm in just give me the dates.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
End of May maybe? Must put in my vac. soon
It’s usually weekend after mother’s day so if right it will be May 13-15th
But we usually vote hope soon need to put it in

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
May 13-15 sounds good to me, too. I could schedule my vacation for then. I was thinking Chapmanville, WV area. It's about 30 miles south of Charleston with a lot of good roads in the area. Or Las Vegas, or Hollywood, or New York City, or Orlando, or Butte. A Darkside ride could be held anywhere at any time. If you build it, they will come.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
May 13-15 sounds good to me, too. I could schedule my vacation for then. I was thinking Chapmanville, WV area. It's about 30 miles south of Charleston with a lot of good roads in the area. Or Las Vegas, or Hollywood, or New York City, or Orlando, or Butte. A Darkside ride could be held anywhere at any time. If you build it, they will come.
U set it up and they will come

61 - 76 of 76 Posts