GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll let others tell you all about the ride to Two Egg - great day, beautiful weather! Outstanding meet and greet IMHO.
Just a few pictures so you'll know it really did happen!!!

A few of the bikes at Two Egg

A few more...

The Lawrence Grocery with more bikes

Most of the bikes and riders but there were more around the corner

Think the pump has been out of service for a while??? 8)

At Jim's Buffet - we took up a big chunk of the lot!

Great Time!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Boots No Saddle said:
Thanks for sharing the pictures... wish I could have been there!

P.S. Any sign of 'The Bumper'? :wink:
If he was there he was keeping a low profile... nobody owned up to being Bumper...

·
Registered
303 Posts
The ride to Two was pretty good, although the temp. was 34 when I left the house! Two Egg is a nice community, lots of cotton fields. The Mayor and his wife actually showed up- somebody has pictures of them in the street welcoming us to town. I wish we could have spent more time riding together as a group prior to our lunch. But I got home by 5:30, which made the boss happy.

·
Registered
9,112 Posts
It was an OUTSTANDING time. Great ride. 523 miles total from JAX to TWO EGG and back. The members of this board are truly wonderful people.

To Tequila Roy...thanks for putting this together. Here are a couple of my pictures:

Bartman

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
3 1/2 tanks of gas....36.00

Lunch at Jims Buffett and Grill....8.95

320 miles one way to have lunch with 20+ strangers...Priceless!

I won't get my pictures loaded until Monday but I can tell you, it was a great day. When I asked if anyone wanted to go for lunch, I never expected to have so many people show up. And from all over. Louisville KY, Charleston SC, Knoxville TN and every direction in Florida imaginable. They all came to have lunch in a small town with a strange name.

Thanks are in order to BroBubba for the souviner eggs we all got and signed, Fortsand and JohnB for the trips ahead of time to scope out the place and everyone else who braved 40 degrees or less to have lunch. What a day.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I made it home OK. This is a new record in miles in one day for me-727.2 miles. I am mad at those northern folks sending that cold weather down here for the ride. I had a great time meeting all the folks and the Mayor and wife of Two Egg.. I know what I want for Christmas. A full set of Gerbings.

Come on Cats-Cade,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Well, I must say it has been quite a day.

Left the house this morning showing 36 degrees on the bike.

Breakfast at Bob Evans with TnCharlie, Bartman, Snoopy(Snoppy), Tequila Roy, and Wayne and his lovely SO. (sorry I can't recall her name :oops: dang CRS)

Brisk (cold) ride to meet up with 4 more riders along the way.

Rolled into Two Egg and met up with about 4 or 5 more riders already there. Then, about 15 minutes later, another flock of Wings rolled in.

Final tally, I think this is right, 21 bikes. 20 Wings and 1- sharp looking Beemer. I think we ended up with about 26 people, but I may be off a bit on that.

Brobubba brought wooden eggs for everyone, and an autograph session ensued with folks signing each others eggs.

I put 519 miles on today. My longest trip so far, on the Wing. (Don't laugh, it sucks having to work all the time :( )

The thing is, I couldn't have shared this day with a nicer group of folks.
It was a blast.

Roy...my hats off to you for getting this little shindig together. I know you keep saying you only asked folks if they wanted to take a ride and go to lunch, but it ended up being a great time that will be remembered for a long time. We've got our eggs to remind us. :)

Dep

·
Registered
405 Posts
Just rolled in after a 650 mile day, a total of almost 1200 miles in two days. Hog and I rode in on Friday, cause it is slightly more then a day ride for us outta staters. We rode down to Panama City where we located some souvenir eggs to give everyone to remember the gathering.

The meet was great, seems like a lot of people rode by two or three times to see all the bikes. Guess we are gonna be the gossip for the week. The ride to the restaurant was fantastic, it is always good to see a flight of wings going down the road. The conversation was outstanding. Yall who didn't make it missed out on a good time.

I hooked up with the "East" group to Jacksonville for the ride home, and turned north for the final leg. Other then the cool ride home, it was an excellent journey.

Everyone ride safe, and hope to see a lot of new "faces" in chat!!

Steve

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
We decided to vote Bumper out of the Mayor position and let Mr Egg become the Mayor. Bumper being a no show was like a slap in the face after we all rode so far to meet him and support his political agenda.

Some say we are Hal's boys well so be it if it is true. This board provided by Hal and Lamont has allowed me to meet some of the nicest people I have ever associated with and they come from all walks of live.
When you meet them they become instant friends.

Oh and I had to go on this ride regardless of the cold weather because the rumor had it that someone was coming to my house Saturday to offer me the job of a life time and I didn't want to be home. The last thing I want in this life is another job

·
Registered
93 Posts
I cannot think of a 600 mile ride round trip where It was one of the coldest mornings even for Florida West Coast to meet up with 20 plus riders who share the passion of riding and fellowship where I had so much fun.
North Florida thanks for riding up with us it was a pleasure to have met you.
A big thank you to Tequilaroy, Bartman and all the riders who came along.
Brobubba the eggs are priceless and thank you.
It is get togethers like this that show the true meaning of our sport, hobby or what ever you want to call it.
If any of you are ever down my way just give me a call and I will show you some of our rodes and yes Restaurants.
I want to thank you all for the compliments to my riding buddy who was by the way the ONLY BMW there and he went away impressed with the attitude of our group towards the only rider not on a wing.
His comment was," That that was a great group of guys".

Again Thank You All

Steve Scott

·
Registered
679 Posts
Rolled in 12:50 am after 1315 miles round trip.

Nice gathering with a great bunch of people. You did good tequilaroy

Seems I got stuck behind a 'Winger' on the way to Jim's for lunch...
Snoppy said:
When you meet them they become instant friends.
ditto
Man was he in a hurry for that food :eat1: I can now put a few faces to their handles.. Enjoyed meeting everyone.
Wished I could have hooked up with TnCharlie coming back...

Thanks for a nice outting

Hey Bro... are you going to mail that longest distance egg?

·
Registered
692 Posts
You meet the nicest people on the GL1800 board. I meet new friends on every trip and always look forward to the next one.
To have the real Mayor and Mrs. Egg come out to greet us puts some roomers to rest.
It would have been nice to have someone to ride back with, sorry hogmemberisold but I did not know you were coming this way.
Ride Safe

Charlie

·
Registered
105 Posts
Nice to met you guys & girls. I couldn't believe that many
folks would show up, of all places TWO EGG , FL

I guess we just look for a reason to ride,
It was a great day.

Good bunch of people.

REJ

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hog,

Your Long rider egg is in the mail, no yoking about it.........

Good to see you again, even if you kept taking me through alleyways and dirt roads...... hahahaha

Good to see friends again, and mee so many new ones

Steve

·
Registered
657 Posts
Annual event?

Maybe we ought to institute the "Two Egg Rally" each year, that way I can participate next year.
Dennis

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Re: Annual event?

Molinoman said:
Maybe we ought to institute the "Two Egg Rally" each year, that way I can participate next year.
Dennis
Oh No!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Any reason to ride!~!!!! Imagine how many bikes would be there if we actually have a plan!

STeve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts