GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have lost 30 lbs, I have tried everything I can think of to make my bony butt comfortable on my Corbin seat. I.E. AirHawk, Beads, Wally World foam waffle pad and both sizes (old and new) of the Aqua Aire.

Thus far, none is a winner, although at about 20-25% filled, the Aqua Aire was actually very good, until it leaked.

It may be old news, however, I came across a thing called a Skwoosh seat pad for motorcycles. They like it so much they offer a no questions asked money back guarantee, so that is encouraging.

http://www.skwoosh.com/category/motorcycle.html

Does anyone have any experience with the Skwoosh motorcycle seat pad? Or, have other solutions than the products listed above??
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,827 Posts
I tried one and returned it for refund; it's just a simple gel pad that like any solid surface will develop "hot spots" after awhile. I alternate between the Beadrider Ultimate and Walmart Relaxation with pretty good results... keeps me in the saddle all day with minimal discomfort. :yes1:

·
Banned
3,197 Posts
With Skwoosh I tried both their motorcycle version and their thicker canoe/kayak version. I also tried using both of their cushions at the same time. Both together added about 30 minutes of comfort.

I tried adding the thicker Skwoosh to the wallyworld cushion. I tried using two wallyworld cushions in the same zipper bag. I tried a corn husk pillow stuffed in the wallyworld bag (too thick and too high off the seat). Each product and modification to the product added about 30 minutes of comfort.

For me, only the Airhawk added an hour or more of comfort before the urge to get off the bike for a break, turned into a shout to get off the bike, turned into my lower back screaming to get off the bike.

The $100.00 gel cushion option was like sitting on the motorcycle seat with no extra cushioning and offered no extra relief.

·
Registered
494 Posts
seat pad,,J.C Witney

I have had the Sheepskin covered gelpad for 8 years,,I love-IT

It is from J.C.Whitney,
It has Gell pad inside,
ONE-SIDE is Sheep skin( very kool on hot days.)
Just Google J.C.Whitney/motorcyckl-mag.com

·
Registered
528 Posts
Congrats on the weight loss (if that's what you were trying to do)

I lost 110 lbs and had the same problem. Nothing beats Air Hawk for adjustability and comfort as far as I'm concerned.

·
Banned
1,766 Posts
+1

Love my sheepskin

:thumbup:

Yeah, another sheepskin fan here. Except for a full blown custom saddle like a Day-Long, nothing beats a good sheepskin as far as my heinie is concerned. And I am very attached to my heinie as it has been with me in one way (or shape) all my life.

·
Registered
967 Posts
I had one and ended up giving it away. That person uses it along with the Wal Mart pad and is happy with that combo.

I've tried beads, sheepskins, and pads. I eventually ended up getting an Ultimate Seat, which worked wonders.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I had one and ended up giving it away. That person uses it along with the Wal Mart pad and is happy with that combo.

I've tried beads, sheepskins, and pads. I eventually ended up getting an Ultimate Seat, which worked wonders.
Which Ultimate did you get?

·
Registered
967 Posts
I've got a Dark Red. I was afraid to go with the red inlays. Didn't know how it would look so I stayed with the black..................Ordered it a couple of days ago heated...............
The inlays I got are only on the sides, not in the middle of the seats. I thought doing the whole thing would be too much red. I think it turned out great. You'll like the seat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts