GL1800Riders Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
Model year, mileage on bike and current tires, any modifications, and if using centramatics or beads. Happens all the time or during deceleration or acceleration.

More info helps with your questions.

Reactions: Sladep

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
For some reason the steering wheel is shaking
If you mean it shakes during deceleration when you don't have a solid grip on the handlebar, you probably have more than ~15K miles on the front tire and it's cupping (sometimes as low as 12K miles, depending on the brand). As long as you keep a good grip during deceleration, you can ride to the wear indicators. If you mean something else, please be more specific.

·
Premium Member
20,215 Posts
Based on your Altar-
Install ALL BALL BEARINGS-
REPLACE & BALANCE TIRES

·
Registered
8,260 Posts
If you mean it shakes during deceleration when you don't have a solid grip on the handlebar, you probably have more than ~15K miles on the front tire and it's cupping (sometimes as low as 12K miles, depending on the brand). As long as you keep a good grip during deceleration, you can ride to the wear indicators. If you mean something else, please be more specific.
Actually a few years ago when my bike was a two wheel'rr, I had a Honda deal'rr ship, install a brand new "front" tire on my bike, as I was riding away, (less than 2 miles) my bike was shaking all over the place, I immeadially returned, and they told me that it my imagination only........I asked them to test ride it, and if they honestly believed that I was "tripping out"..........Five minutes later, the service man returned, and removed that wheel, and installed another..

Ronnie
5/15/22

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
Actually a few years ago when my bike was a two wheel'rr, I had a Honda deal'rr ship, install a brand new "front" tire on my bike, as I was riding away, (less than 2 miles) my bike was shaking all over the place, I immeadially returned, and they told me that it my imagination only........I asked them to test ride it, and if they honestly believed that I was "tripping out"..........Five minutes later, the service man returned, and removed that wheel, and installed another..

Ronnie
5/15/22
There is that possibility, but until the OP opens up with a bit more info, we have to guess.

·
Registered
9,398 Posts
He doesn't live in the US. Has had a few various issues with the bike over the past two years.. Perhaps his internet is spotty.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts