GL1800Riders Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
I think these are great ideas! I sold my crusier and am getting my new GL1800 this weekend. Before I start spending money on chrome (and of course, that's inevitable) the first purchases are light modulators, back off lights and loud horns. Safety is no accident, and you havent ridden very long if you haven't had cage pull in front of you as though you were invisible. Don't let em get ya!!

Ronnie

·
Registered
656 Posts
Bulldog,

That's great! Don't have to get a new horn! An excuse to buy new chrome already! Thanks Bulldog!

Alpster

·
Resident BBQ Expert
13,862 Posts
useing my horn on a bike is about the last thing i want to do.

if theres a problem, and i blow the horn, whats the half asleep car driver going to do--look arround at whos sounding the horn. at that point he is paying even less attention to the driving by takeing his attention and further divideing it. or wirse yet they get woke up and jerk into you even more.

instead of blowing my horn, i am try to get away, brake, or find a softer spot to end up in

loren

·
Registered
213 Posts
loren said:
useing my horn on a bike is about the last thing i want to do.
The loud GL1800 horn has served me well on several occasions. In particular when riding on multi-lane roads and a cage next to me decides to come over to my lane without looking first. A blast on the GL1800 horn gets their attention real quick and keeps them in their lane until I pass by.

Your mileage may vary.

·
Registered
12,417 Posts
Loren,

Sorry, but I am going to differ with you a bit on this one. You are kind of right in what you say, but you are only providing a piece of the puzzle.

Motorcycle safety is based on awareness and skill. One should not wait till the last minute to do something about an emerging situation. Horn use should be used in time for it to be effective and timely. And not used so as to create confusion or misunderstanding.

Safety is based on many facets of bike riding and proper use of equipment is only one of them. I think that the single most important facet of motorcycle safety is the use of "good judgment".

Bulldog

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't waste your money on a new horn. Factory horn is the best! Scared my cat out of 3 Lives when I hit the horn while I was still in the garage.
(P.O.ed the wife too.) :D :yes: :eek:w1:

·
Registered
9,099 Posts
That loud horn ruined a pair of pants when the granddaughter found the remote. (Laughing now, but not then....)

Your right - I would forgo the horn. The stocker will give you cardiac arrest. Head and tail light modulators? YES. LED trunk spoiler? YES. Mirror turn signal LED's? YES. All in the interest of being seen and noticed. In fack, I would also throw the driving lights into the same catagory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts